This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinions from people whove bought perfect dark xbla edition or puzzle quest 2...

#1VandorLeePosted 6/20/2014 11:35:19 AM
Im deciding if i should nab either at full price, especially considering ive missed them both on sale and they might go on sale later again as well:

Perfect Dark: Played the original n64 version and loved it but i have no plans go go online with it. Is single player worth 10$.

Puzzle quest 2: Played the heck out of the first but lots of sources say that this game is a step backwards and not as good as the first and much easier as well. Not to mention its also 15$.

Finally, I can just wait and hope for a sale. Anyone think either game is worth full price?
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2x2link777Posted 6/20/2014 11:42:12 AM
Haven't played the PD port, and it's been a LONG time since I played the original version, so no opinion on that one. As for PQ2, stay away. I loved the original, put far more time into than I'm comfortable admitting, across multiple platforms. As for the sequel, it's not just a "step backwards", it's more like a football field backwards. And yea, it's not braindead easy, but it's not too far off.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!! PokemonX FC 4313-1091-2643 IGN:Sierra
#3casedawgzPosted 6/20/2014 11:44:42 AM
If you're looking for a fantasy puzzler, might I recommend Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes instead? It's a great game.
---
I give up on Justin Gabriel
#4AWarAmp84Posted 6/20/2014 11:47:36 AM
VandorLee posted...
Im deciding if i should nab either at full price, especially considering ive missed them both on sale and they might go on sale later again as well:

Perfect Dark: Played the original n64 version and loved it but i have no plans go go online with it. Is single player worth 10$.

Puzzle quest 2: Played the heck out of the first but lots of sources say that this game is a step backwards and not as good as the first and much easier as well. Not to mention its also 15$.

Finally, I can just wait and hope for a sale. Anyone think either game is worth full price?

I can't say anything about PQ as I've never played it but as far as PD goes, I downloaded it with excitement and found that it felt very dated.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Favourite game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#5corex3dPosted 6/20/2014 11:50:08 AM(edited)
perfect dark is pretty fun it has improved graphics and is a solid 60 fps now I was surprised at how well the game played for how old it is
#6gabriusPosted 6/20/2014 11:49:50 AM
No XBLA game is worth full price, IMHO. Too much stuff goes on sale for me to think otherwise.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#7VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 12:19:39 PM
gabrius posted...
No XBLA game is worth full price, IMHO. Too much stuff goes on sale for me to think otherwise.

Not to mention that stupid feeling you get when you buy it full price only to see it on sell not to long afterwards.

I was only able to nab 10$ from gamestop and i grabbed bubble bobble neo. I dont really think its worth $10 but for free its pretty damn good.
---
#80ofreako0Posted 6/20/2014 12:23:20 PM
x2link777 posted...
Haven't played the PD port, and it's been a LONG time since I played the original version, so no opinion on that one. As for PQ2, stay away. I loved the original, put far more time into than I'm comfortable admitting, across multiple platforms. As for the sequel, it's not just a "step backwards", it's more like a football field backwards. And yea, it's not braindead easy, but it's not too far off.

this for PQ2. the first one was GREAT and one of my favorite puzzle games ever, so when 2 came out i was really excited. it was one of my biggest gaming disappointments. =(
#9beautifuldreamsPosted 6/20/2014 12:52:13 PM
there's always the expansion Revenge of the Plaquelord dlc for PQ1
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#10VandorLee(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 12:58:41 PM
beautifuldreams posted...
there's always the expansion Revenge of the Plaquelord dlc for PQ1

Already got it and played the crap out of it as well. It was good.
---