This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone with NTSC game play multiplayer game against someone with PAL game?

#1PowerSurgeXPosted 7/4/2014 4:29:20 PM
Or do they use different servers or something?
---
"Quiet baby, what will the neighbors think?!"
- Bloodrayne
#2DefhimselfPosted 7/4/2014 4:41:56 PM
No
---
Good riddance cry baby Phil! ...GT: The last HUcast
#3AltiarLioPosted 7/4/2014 4:43:23 PM
Yes.

I play with my yank bros all the time.
---
Founding member of the GameFAQS Trillionares club.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#4PowerSurgeX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 4:47:16 PM
AltiarLio posted...
Yes.

No worries, mate.
---
"Quiet baby, what will the neighbors think?!"
- Bloodrayne
#5crynryanPosted 7/4/2014 6:44:00 PM
I've played with people from Europe, so I'd assume you can. The whole difference with PAL from NTSC was because of the refresh rates of their TVs which don't matter anymore, so there's really no reason why you can't.

Some games like Gears 2 got censored in Japan, so they had to release a new version that wasn't compatible with the other one the rest of the world got.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#6NickDrakePosted 7/4/2014 7:40:42 PM
AltiarLio posted...
Yes.

Unintentionally hilarious.
---
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy
Oh, man! Wonder if he'll ever know...
#7Dragon NexusPosted 7/5/2014 6:23:35 AM
crynryan posted...
The whole difference with PAL from NTSC was because of the refresh rates of their TVs which don't matter anymore, so there's really no reason why you can't.

Yeah, we had about 50Hz over here whereas the NTSC areas have glorious 60Hz.
Final Fantasy games always suffered from bodged ports. Instead of working on aligning everything, a lot of games simply slowed down the action, so the music was unchanged. A lot of summons, for example, would play the sound effects quicker than the action so things quickly went out of sync.

FFX, Tidus had a really floaty run. Same with DMC1, I recall. They run 1/6 slower than the US version.

Later, games came with a 60Hz mode which was a godsend. these days you'll be hard pressed to find a TV in the UK that doesn't display at 60Hz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j683Uf4ZpTw
This is pretty much the only example I could find, but it demonstrates it.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#8hoggys2much99Posted 7/5/2014 6:39:09 PM
First of course you can. I am in the United Kingdom and I have played against people from all over the world.

Second I would like to point out that NTSC, PAL and SECAM (French colour system) NO LONGER EXIST and have NEVER existed on DVD as NTSC and PAL are analogue and DVD's are digital.

Third people use NTSC/PAL instead of the correct term Region 1/Region 2 as NTSC/PAL are more well known and use that for referring to the US and Europe.

Fourth the only difference these days between US and UK discs is if the discs have region coding on them i.e regional lockout which prevents US discs working on UK machines and vice versa. So unless a company has made changes to the game between the US and UK releases the games are identical.

So in answer to your question you can play anyone anywhere in the world with Live.
---
GT: hoggys2much
Don't **** with a Witch - Bayonetta
#9corex3dPosted 7/5/2014 6:43:06 PM
depends on the game for example I played happy wars with people from all over the world
#10PibugoPosted 7/5/2014 7:52:05 PM
Yes, but I don't recommend doing so with any sort of competitive situation (most notably FPS's in multiplayer). I hate it when an American/Australian/Asian or whatever, joins a server here in Europe, with a ping at the rates of 200-300 or something. Likewise, if I try to join a NA server, it's god-awful, that's why I never do it.

In a co-op game, it isn't that big of a problem, though it's still very likely that you may experience some issues.
---
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther