This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people buy games on day one then complain the game isnt worth $60?

#1skermacPosted 7/7/2014 1:52:04 PM
Why not wait a week or 2 and get it used and saved money? Wouldn't that be better than complaining that X game costs too much?

I don't have to have a game on day one, and for those that do its not a problem, but why complain about the price when you aren't being forced to buy a game on day one? A Gamefaq's thang?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2feared4powerPosted 7/7/2014 1:56:51 PM
because there's a chance that seamen is on the used disc, my biggest fear.
#3AltiarLioPosted 7/7/2014 1:57:57 PM
Only idiots complain that games are $60.
---
Founding member of the GameFAQS Trillionares club.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#4Kurgan777Posted 7/7/2014 2:00:18 PM
They buy games day one because they have patience problems and can't wait for the inevitable price drop to $20 a couple months down the line, or they're that type of person that likes to show off the fact that they bought the latest game in a midnight sale day one so they can brag about it or shove it in other people's noses that they have more money than brains.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#5shawnmckPosted 7/7/2014 2:00:36 PM
Some people just love to complain, and are never happy no-matter what.
If they were to buy a game @ $20 bucks, they would still complain about that.
If they were given the game for free, they would still complain and wonder why they weren't given some other game.

There is just no satisfying some people.
They live their lives as some sort of self-imposed victim.
Welcome to America.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 7/7/2014 2:01:00 PM
To be fair, after a week or two you're only going to save a few dollars buying it used at most resale outlets, and after tax you're still gonna spend almost $60.

My answer is that there are a lot of people gaming that really can't afford the hobby. Allowing for inflation, gaming's cheaper than it's ever been in my 30+ years in the hobby. If people can't wait for price drops and can't afford to gamble $60 on a possible disappointment, they should take up whittling or something. Sticks are free.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#7vigorm0rtisPosted 7/7/2014 2:01:43 PM
shawnmck posted...

Welcome to America.

You complain a lot.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#8skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2014 2:02:42 PM
shawnmck posted...
Some people just love to complain, and are never happy no-matter what.
If they were to buy a game @ $20 bucks, they would still complain about that.
If they were given the game for free, they would still complain and wonder why they weren't given some other game.

There is just no satisfying some people.
Welcome to America.

This ^^^
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#9shawnmckPosted 7/7/2014 2:02:49 PM
BTW
I personally only buy certain games on Day-1 at full price...and that is to support the Developers.
Many games I will wait and buy at a discount, or even buy used...but if I want to reward the Devs for making the games that I want & like, then I buy on Day-1 to show my support.
#10AltiarLioPosted 7/7/2014 2:03:02 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
To be fair, after a week or two you're only going to save a few dollars buying it used at most resale outlets, and after tax you're still gonna spend almost $60.

My answer is that there are a lot of people gaming that really can't afford the hobby. Allowing for inflation, gaming's cheaper than it's ever been in my 30+ years in the hobby. If people can't wait for price drops and can't afford to gamble $60 on a possible disappointment, they should take up whittling or something. Sticks are free.

If they can't afford it then they should stop gaming until they can.
---
Founding member of the GameFAQS Trillionares club.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o