This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo Origins or Halo 4?

#1noimnoturdaddyPosted 7/15/2014 8:41:13 AM
I only have time for one so this isn't a matter of cost value. Which Halo is better: Reach, 1 Remake, or 4?
---
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAYS8QTjnfg
#2fiasco86Posted 7/15/2014 8:42:42 AM
Campaign or multiplayer? Do you like Call of Duty? Are you into sci-fi?
---
GameFAQs suddenly decided my sig was too long and wouldn't let me post. This is a new, shorter one.
#3noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 8:52:30 AM
Campaign. I like SciFi. CoD is only okay to me.
---
#4fiasco86Posted 7/15/2014 8:59:20 AM(edited)
In that case, I recommend Halo CEA (the remake of the first one). They all have excellent campaigns, but since you're into sci-fi, I recommend starting at the beginning; otherwise there will be a lot of story elements that you won't understand. Plus, the first Halo is a great standalone sci-fi story.
---
GameFAQs suddenly decided my sig was too long and wouldn't let me post. This is a new, shorter one.
#5smak52607Posted 7/15/2014 9:02:26 AM
I would start with 1 for campaign, but overall I like Reach the best.
#6fiasco86Posted 7/15/2014 9:04:27 AM
Yeah, the Reach campaign is excellent. Were it not for nostalgia, it would probably be my favorite Halo campaign. Although I don't find the Reach missions to be as fun to replay as Halo CE missions.
---
#7sauruschamp1Posted 7/15/2014 7:16:55 PM
yer if you havnt played through the campaign of a halo game yet play the anniversary edition of 1. If you have played it before reach was my personnel favourite.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#8TheIastspartanPosted 7/15/2014 8:36:15 PM
I'm in the minority, but CE's campaign is one of my least favorites. The story is great, but all the copy pasta ruins it for me(especially in the latter half, where you essentially backtrack through 3 previous levels).

That said, it's probably the best place to start. Reach's campaign is awesome but you wont appreciate the end as much if you haven't played the first(the last few missions of Reach lead directly up to the start of CE).

4 has a great campaign but you'll have no idea what's going on if it's your first Halo. There's a half-assed slideshow thing you can access that explains Master Chief's backstory but it is VERY brief and skips over tons of stuff.

Of course, if you're planning on getting an XB1, I'd just wait it out for the MC Collection.
#9vashkeyPosted 7/15/2014 9:01:42 PM
You're talking about the Halo Origins Collection with Halo Reach and Combat Evolved Anniversary, right? If so, definitely that. Two good Halo games together. Heck, I'd recommend Reach on it's own over Halo 4, it's cheaper and I'd say it's a little bit better.

I take issue with Anniversary a little, the co-op is pretty lagy and the frame rate can't even consistently hit 30fps, but in a budget bundle with Reach it's at least bit more forgivable I guess.
#10noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 12:43:40 PM
Thanks. Got the Origins bundle.
---