This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

new Xbox 360 accounts now assigned Xbox One gamerpics on xbox.com

#1PorcupinePosted 7/16/2014 7:53:54 PM
I'm not sure exactly when, but probably since a month ago, newly created Xbox 360 accounts are by default assigned an Xbox One style high-res gamerpic (from the One's default library). It won't be shown on your Xbox 360, as the 360 gamerpic (whether public or private) will be shown. But on xbox.com it will show your Xbox One gamerpic instead.

In all the newly created accounts I've seen so far (several people) it's been the exact same pic, like a white christmas tree guy, or something.

It's pretty annoying when lots of people have the same stupid Xbox One gamerpic on xbox.com, so I was wondering if there is any way to change it without an Xbox One? I have tried changing it on the 360 and it only affects the 360 gamerpic. I tried changing it directly on xbox.com to a gamerpic of my avatar, but it likewise only affected the 360 gamerpic. Which was surprising since taking a picture of your avatar is slightly different on xbox.com than it is on the 360's avatar editor.
#2SeekAndDestroy2Posted 7/16/2014 7:56:11 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that your old profile was banned for hacking/modding and you had to make a new one.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577