This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japanese game on English Xbox

#1sharuto4Posted 7/18/2014 12:17:56 PM
So I want to order a game called Phantom Breaker but it's release in the US is very very very delayed, and no one knows if it's a dead chance now. SO I'm thinking I might as well play it in Japanese. Will I be able to or will I not be able to? I know some games are region locked but my friend was playing this and I want to make sure.
---
GT: Otaku Legend
#2brunbbmercPosted 7/18/2014 12:30:14 PM
play Asia says it's region locked

http://play-asia.com/phantom-breaker-paOS-13-49-en-70-43jx.html
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#3bungiefanPosted 7/18/2014 12:34:20 PM
My understanding is that most American games have North America and Japan set as regions on the disc, but most Japanese games only have Japan set as the disc region, meaning a Japanese Xbox 360 could play most American games, but an American Xbox 360 can't play very many Japanese games.
---
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/389803
#4EpicWafflez515Posted 7/18/2014 12:34:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5googlerPosted 7/18/2014 12:34:44 PM
I used to have a Japanese 360 and then an American one once that broke, and will confirm that about 90% of Japanese 360 games are region locked. Just a couple of shoot 'em ups and the rest are mostly games already released in the west first are region free
#6dtmrPosted 7/18/2014 12:59:42 PM(edited)
EpicWafflez515 posted...
Modded for being Racist

He no rikey.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#7brunbbmercPosted 7/18/2014 12:56:12 PM
your friend might have been playing phantom breaker battlegrounds by the way
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#8EpicWafflez515Posted 7/18/2014 1:23:32 PM
-_- really mod my comment. I thought Japanese is a nationality not a race, for example I for one am an American thus I come from America.
Also you guys (including moderators) are so sensitive.
---
"All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!" - Big Smoke
#9Kurgan777Posted 7/18/2014 1:37:59 PM
EpicWafflez515 posted...
-_- really mod my comment. I thought Japanese is a nationality not a race, for example I for one am an American thus I come from America.
Also you guys (including moderators) are so sensitive.

There can many times be some very noticeable physical differences between the people of China, Japan, and Korea. the size and shape of the eyes, the eyelids, the color of the skin, the shape of the face, the overall height, and the color of the hair.

So yes, the Japanese people can be considered a race, not just an ethnicity.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#10googlerPosted 7/18/2014 1:57:15 PM
Wtf is racist about saying Japanese games suck? Their quality dropped. Their output dropped. Ergo they suck now. I take it he's an msnbc progressive "liberal".
Is saying you don't like Mexican food or calling a Hyundai a ****box racist too?