This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When will XBOX LIVE be free? And why do we keep paying for it?

#31LinkIsSpartanPosted 7/21/2014 4:48:37 AM
SolidStryder posted...
LinkIsSpartan posted...
wow look at all the xbox fanboys. What's wrong with ps3 online? besides group chat, it does everything the xbox does. Ive been on it since late 2010 and it's solid.

I really dislike the bluetooth set up, as well as the clunky store. I did briefly consider getting plus until I found out that the party chat requires everyone to not be playing anything to actually function, which made it completely useless to me since I primarily use the party chat to talk to people while we're playing different games/organizing teams in a multiplayer game, and so we can still be talking inbetween lobbies/sessions and not have to deal with squeakers or other annoyances. The bluetooth itself is annoying to deal with, I've had multiple issues with it in some games. I own both systems, so call me a fanboy all you like, but I still prefer Live over PSN.

sure the playstation store is slow, but so is the xbox store. Honestly, if you want to pay the extra money for group chat, then that is really up to you. But the ps3 has an option the xbox doesnt, and that's chat lobbies!! thats right, on ps3 u can create a chat room lobby and invite anyone to it. And you just press than PS button on the controller to bring it up. Sure you need to type your message, but when you press the button the message log and qwerty keyboard show immediately.

Also, bluetooth issues? have been using the same wireless bluetooth headset as a mic since 2010 and honestly, no problems. Its very easy to set up, whats the real problem here?
---
Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you..
#32zinsindettaPosted 7/21/2014 5:18:53 AM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
wow look at all the xbox fanboys. What's wrong with ps3 online? besides group chat, it does everything the xbox does. Ive been on it since late 2010 and it's solid.

No it isn't. I got both systems and PSN is trash compared to Xbox Live.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#33The_Hitman_UKPosted 7/21/2014 5:21:44 AM
Surdyy posted...
Buy a playstation, play on PSN, and you'll see why.

---
Metal Gear Solid sucks and I haven't played it.
#34SolidStryderPosted 7/21/2014 5:25:38 AM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
SolidStryder posted...
LinkIsSpartan posted...

I really dislike the bluetooth set up, as well as the clunky store. I did briefly consider getting plus until I found out that the party chat requires everyone to not be playing anything to actually function, which made it completely useless to me since I primarily use the party chat to talk to people while we're playing different games/organizing teams in a multiplayer game, and so we can still be talking inbetween lobbies/sessions and not have to deal with squeakers or other annoyances. The bluetooth itself is annoying to deal with, I've had multiple issues with it in some games. I own both systems, so call me a fanboy all you like, but I still prefer Live over PSN.

sure the playstation store is slow, but so is the xbox store. Honestly, if you want to pay the extra money for group chat, then that is really up to you. But the ps3 has an option the xbox doesnt, and that's chat lobbies!! thats right, on ps3 u can create a chat room lobby and invite anyone to it. And you just press than PS button on the controller to bring it up. Sure you need to type your message, but when you press the button the message log and qwerty keyboard show immediately.

Also, bluetooth issues? have been using the same wireless bluetooth headset as a mic since 2010 and honestly, no problems. Its very easy to set up, whats the real problem here?

Chat lobbies. Lolwat.

And yea, bluetooth issues. A set up bluetooth suddenly cutting off, or being staticy, or just of poor quality.
#35GeistPosted 7/21/2014 7:34:23 AM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
But the ps3 has an option the xbox doesnt, and that's chat lobbies!! thats right, on ps3 u can create a chat room lobby and invite anyone to it. And you just press than PS button on the controller to bring it up. Sure you need to type your message, but when you press the button the message log and qwerty keyboard show immediately

And that's better then Party Chat how? Seriously, how is a chat room better then actually talking to people regardless of what they are doing on their system?
---
If you are replying to my opinion, realize first that I do not care.