This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or would The Purge make an awesome video game if done correctly

#1casedawgzPosted 7/19/2014 6:50:46 PM
The whole time I was watching the new one I was wishing it could be a game.

I'd say make an open world city, give the player twelve real time hours. Set things up a bit like Dead Rising, where the main character has an overarching goal but there are time sensitive side quests to do and different endings stemming from how you pass the twelve hours.

Realistic health system, where your injuries have debilitating effects and add up as the night goes on if you don't get medical attention. Roving gangs, crazy people, rooftop snipers, etc.

I think it has potential.
---
I give up on Justin Gabriel
#2Autobot4lifePosted 7/19/2014 7:05:47 PM
What if it was like the first movie. You could make it like the original RE. Stuck in a house wandering around and avoiding the killer.
---
Lets play some Mail Order Monsters!!
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 7/19/2014 9:11:29 PM
Autobot4life posted...
What if it was like the first movie. You could make it like the original RE. Stuck in a house wandering around and avoiding the killer.

Haunting Ground was a lot like that.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#4brunbbmercPosted 7/19/2014 9:13:35 PM
and clock tower
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#5minun73Posted 7/19/2014 9:53:02 PM
I like the idea. :) I haven't seen the movie yet but know the basic plot. But I don't like the idea of time constraints from Dead Rising.

I LOVED the idea of Dead Rising! But the time limits ruined it a little for me. I still like it but it could've been so much better.

So yes there'd have to be a time limit, but maybe just time it for 12 hours (in game time of course) and you have that time to use however you wish, completing the story or otherwise. Without having each mission linked to a time. :)
---
After some searching today (7-12-14) I found the first post I ever made on GFAQS :)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/957985-dead-rising-2/66994453
#6SoF-RamboPosted 7/19/2014 10:26:09 PM(edited)
I think The Purge would make an excellent video game. 12-in-game hours to survive, help, or... Purge. They'd need to make some form of a random layout generator, like L4D or Payday, though, so no two sessions ever play the same. For ex, the dead guy you find that has an assault rifle in one game is now very much alive and is wanting to rip you a new one.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : D0ntTurnAr0und2
Current Most Played : ACIV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, and WWE 2k14
#7NellyNel713Posted 7/19/2014 10:40:00 PM
If the Purge do become a game oneday I would like for Rockstar to make it. It would be like playing Man Hunt all over again. Man Hunt on the ps2 was the best survival/horror made.
---
PS Vita/PS3: Nelly-Nel_713 () Xbox 360: Im NellyNel 713 () SUBSCRIBE & LIKE --> YT: youtube.com/nellynel713 (THANK YOU!)
#8LythirisPosted 7/20/2014 12:37:45 AM
Just remake State of Emergency.
---
"I figured maybe a bullet in the back. Or a knife in the back. Maybe hit by a train."
"In the back?" "In the back, yeah."
#9CaIiber345Posted 7/20/2014 1:36:10 AM
It would be cool (I enjoyed the second film), but f*** the time limit. They'd have to figure out some other type of mechanic. It's why I stopped playing Dead Rising. I'm just not a time-limit type of gamer, as opposed to saying there's anything wrong with it as a feature.
---
Twitter: @AstroDuck79 | TwinStickGaming.com
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, Destiny, Rogue Legacy, The Witness, Fallout 4
#10buddhamonsterPosted 7/20/2014 2:24:35 AM
An obvious multiplayer aspect is one team gets to bunker down and defend a house while the other team tries to get in and cause general shenanigans
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!