This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or would The Purge make an awesome video game if done correctly

#11simonbelmont2Posted 7/20/2014 3:32:31 AM
I like the idea of a Purge game. I think the concept would work better as a game than it did in the movies.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#12LythirisPosted 7/20/2014 3:33:49 AM
buddhamonster posted...
An obvious multiplayer aspect is one team gets to bunker down and defend a house while the other team tries to get in and cause general shenanigans

So the defending team has to avoid pies to the face, whoopee cushions and hand buzzers once the attackers get in?
---
"I figured maybe a bullet in the back. Or a knife in the back. Maybe hit by a train."
"In the back?" "In the back, yeah."
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 7/20/2014 3:59:21 AM
If done correctly, the movie wouldn't have sucked. I'm not sure I'd be any more optimistic of the execution in game form. Although that said, done correctly, sure, I'd play that.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#14simonbelmont2Posted 7/20/2014 4:04:46 AM
Lythiris posted...
buddhamonster posted...
An obvious multiplayer aspect is one team gets to bunker down and defend a house while the other team tries to get in and cause general shenanigans

So the defending team has to avoid pies to the face, whoopee cushions and hand buzzers once the attackers get in?

Also, would we be able to use splurge guns?
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#15casedawgz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 4:19:27 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
If done correctly, the movie wouldn't have sucked. I'm not sure I'd be any more optimistic of the execution in game form. Although that said, done correctly, sure, I'd play that.

The new movie is actually pretty good. Vastly better than the first one.
---
I give up on Justin Gabriel
#16scoobydoobydontPosted 7/20/2014 5:55:21 AM
casedawgz posted...

I didn't even know there was a second one. =O
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#17casedawgz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 6:06:18 AM(edited)
casedawgz posted...

Yeah, instead of taking the interesting concept and turning it into a standard home invasion movie, the new one actually kinda feels like 80s John Carpenter. It's an action movie. Crossbones from Winter Soldier is a badass who is out to kill the man who killed his son but ends up helping a bunch of people who got stuck outside. Lots of shootouts, action scenes, instead of the slasher movie stuff.
---
I give up on Justin Gabriel
#18BBBanks03Posted 7/23/2014 1:39:20 PM
casedawgz posted...
casedawgz posted...

Yeah, instead of taking the interesting concept and turning it into a standard home invasion movie, the new one actually kinda feels like 80s John Carpenter. It's an action movie. Crossbones from Winter Soldier is a badass who is out to kill the man who killed his son but ends up helping a bunch of people who got stuck outside. Lots of shootouts, action scenes, instead of the slasher movie stuff.

I just saw it last night and have to admit, it was a massive improvement over the first movie. Tbh it was everything I wanted the first one to be, which turned out to be just a cool concept hidden away beneath the plot of a uninspired horror/thriller movie. The choice to somewhat switch genres over to more of a gruesome action movie and focus more on the far reaching repercussions of the purge was a great idea. Have to agree a game could really turn out great, provided they imaginatively and effectively tied the concept into the gameplay.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#19dtmrPosted 7/23/2014 2:52:16 PM
I'm a big fan of the Dead Rising time limited story. You don't have to finish the story. Makes multiple play throughs fun.
I'd definitely support a Purge game in this format, except scrap the scripted optional bosses and survivors. I'd prefer a Red Dead random encounter thing.
---
Latiku is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent hardworking Americans.
#20DebaserZeroPosted 7/23/2014 3:08:47 PM
casedawgz posted...
casedawgz posted...

Exactly this, they did it backwards. The first Purge storyline should have been the knock off sequel