This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And suddenly........Stealth section.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. And suddenly........Stealth section.
10 months ago#1
Don't you just hate that?

I have never enjoyed any stealth section in non-stealth games. Which is annoying because in games like Deus Ex, I go full stealth, trying to go through areas without being detected.

Even in GTA 5, which tried to made the stealth good, most of the time it wasn't even worth it, because killing stealthily still attracts the police.
---
Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on the butt
10 months ago#2
Mandatory stealth sections were a trope that died off some time ago. But then someone somewhere revived them. Quite why Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania LoS2 had them I do not know.

LoS2 would have made sense in a mnarrative sense because you start off weakened. But the fact you *still* have to stealth around by the end of the game and can't take on the enemies you're hiding from is just batty nuggets.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
10 months ago#3
I'm the opposite. I love it when non-stealth games include stealth objectives or missions. Maybe because I'm pretty good at them?
10 months ago#4
They were well done in the earlier COD games, but now they just feel like its a fan service and they have lost their edge. MW1 still has the best stealth mission in a FPS game.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed Revelations
10 months ago#5
This is honestly one of those rare times when "git gud" actually applies.

Most of you hate the stealth sections in non-stealth games because you lack the ability to adapt to changing tactics on the fly.

As Chali 2na says..."Step Yo Game Up".
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
10 months ago#6
Kurgan777 posted...

Most of you hate the stealth sections in non-stealth games because you lack the ability to adapt to changing tactics on the fly.

Wrong.

Stealth gameplay is difficult to get right and some games half ass it. This often happens when certain games try to throw in a few random stealth missions that don't fit.

Players and reviewers usually complain about incongruous stealth missions when they are poorly done. Or they criticize them simply because they seem out of place like in Lords of Shadow 2.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
10 months ago#7
Jiggy101011 posted...
They were well done in the earlier COD games, but now they just feel like its a fan service and they have lost their edge. MW1 still has the best stealth mission in a FPS game.

Any stealth sections that end the mission if you get caught are not good.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : D0ntTurnAr0und2
Current Most Played : ACIV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, and WWE 2k14
10 months ago#8
A nyone remember that stealth mission from medal of honor on the ps1 where you had to show the nazi your papers in the trainyard?
---
"Well since you bolded that, we have no choice but to deal with it..." - Duh_Bad_Guy
10 months ago#9
Horoto posted...
A nyone remember that stealth mission from medal of honor on the ps1 where you had to show the nazi your papers in the trainyard?

Oh yeah, and things got tricky when you're (usually) forced to go and kill the one guy whose papers you NEEDED to get to any of the later sections of the level.

Encounter that guy, and, oh joy he turns out to be that guy AND sees through your fake papers.
Sometimes it was easier to shoot your way through the level. Dunno who's bright idea it was to make alarm boxes explosive.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
10 months ago#10
simonbelmont2 posted...
Kurgan777 posted...

Wrong.

Stealth gameplay is difficult to get right and some games half ass it. This often happens when certain games try to throw in a few random stealth missions that don't fit.

Players and reviewers usually complain about incongruous stealth missions when they are poorly done. Or they criticize them simply because they seem out of place like in Lords of Shadow 2.

Exactly.
The best part about stealth games is that most of them are non-linear. Take Hitman, Deus Ex, Dishonored etc. for example. You wither have different routes to approach the mission, or different techniques to make it fair.
They also have a good way to deal with enemies when you do get caught.
Most of the stealth missions I've faced require you to use crouch and a silenced weapon. And once you get caught, you fail.
It's also an annoying change of pace. Like in a game with super fast gameplay, and then you get to a mission where you have to travel at a snail's pace, it's horrible, and the player should at least be eased into it.
---
Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on the butt
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. And suddenly........Stealth section.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived