This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

better game: Perfect Dark Zero -or- GoldenEye: Reloaded

#1Citan22Posted 7/23/2014 5:34:06 AM
both received very mixed reviews.. both are 7th generation 'updates' to legendary n64 shooters.. one actually is a remake while the other is a prequel..

so which did you enjoy more? online or single player?

i'm currently playing PDZ for the first time, and after ripping the game out of my xbox twice during the first couple missions and swearing to never play it again, it has somehow managed to grow on me and now i'm enjoying it quite a bit. in fact i'm sorta addicted to it's old school FPS style.

as for the GoldenEye remake, my only experience was with the Wii version, and i was not impressed.. the game never grew on me, but at the same time i never disliked it enough to stop playing. in the end it didn't hold a candle to the n64 original, but maybe the 360 version is much better? unfortunately, the game is super expensive for some reason (as opposed to PDZ that is $1.99).
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 5:36:01 AM
PDZ is pretty underrated IMO.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#3Killah PriestPosted 7/23/2014 5:40:07 AM
I loved PDZ

Goldeneye was terrible, every version.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#4BlueJester007Posted 7/23/2014 5:56:51 AM
Perfect Dark Zero definitely.

The only good Goldeneye game was the one on the N64. All the other ones were mediocre at best.
---
We get to the end of the hallway and take a f***in' s***!
#5gamecube101Posted 7/23/2014 6:28:21 AM
Perfect Dark Zero aged horribly, playing it today with no nostalgia attached is a painful experience. That being said, Goldeneye was always bad. Pick your poison I guess, neither is a fun game.
#6buddhamonsterPosted 7/23/2014 6:35:31 AM
PDZ, for a launch title, was not that bad. By the standards of today, it's pretty bad. But for the time it was good enough.

Goldeneye, by any metric, was basically just awful.

I say PD wins.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#7glassghost0Posted 7/23/2014 6:41:02 AM
Goldeneye was a decent stealth game
---
New User (3) - Awarded to users with at least 25 Karma.
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#8Vegeta1000Posted 7/23/2014 1:39:20 PM
It's like asking what's smells better between dog **** and cat ****. They both stink.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#9Offworlder1Posted 7/23/2014 2:14:42 PM
PDZ was under whelming since it had a big name to live up to but compared to GoldenEye:Reloaded it's a masterpiece, GE:R is a poorly done remake with COD style controls that are poor even by COD standards which is hard to screw up but they did. The graphics in GE:R are also a "wow way to just take a steaming dump on a classic with this weak remake" where PDZ had good graphics for a launch game.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"