This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there series in which you only love/like ONE game in it?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/23/2014 11:08:16 AM
Off the top of my head...for me it's assassins creed 4, dead rising 3

----

and the opposite question --- a series you like all but ONE GAME FROM?

Bioshock Infinite comes to mind, loved all previous games, even system shock 2, but BI left me flat.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#2gamecube101Posted 7/23/2014 12:35:31 PM
The only assassins creed I didn't enjoy was 3, and the only far cry game I have enjoyed was 3.
#3GuideToTheDarkPosted 7/23/2014 12:44:42 PM
MGS3, though I haven't played Ground 0s yet.
---
http://tinyurl.com/oydp9kw
#4XeroxicidePosted 7/23/2014 1:37:32 PM
Bioshock. The first game was good, the second felt redundant and soulless, and Infinite was plagued with literary and mechanical issues on top of being incredibly boring.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.
#5SEA_Posted 7/23/2014 2:04:32 PM
Xeroxicide posted...
Bioshock. The first game was good, the second felt redundant and soulless, and Infinite was plagued with literary and mechanical issues on top of being incredibly boring.

yep
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 7/23/2014 2:09:48 PM
Xeroxicide posted...
literary

Literary issues?
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#7kg_twolves21Posted 7/23/2014 2:40:50 PM
Sly Cooper...Love the first one but can't get into any of the others, I really don't like playing as any one other than sly lol
#8Offworlder1Posted 7/23/2014 3:09:04 PM(edited)
So far since no other games are out in these series yet:

Far Cry 3(though I do like what I see with Far Cry 4 so this will probably change)- played FC:instincts, and FC 2 but did not like them at all as the controlls felt off.

The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim- played Morrowind after KOTOR and found the walls of text stupid when a few voices were there, hated the poor and terrible graphics, and HATED that there was no sense of where I needed to go. Oblivion was better but still did not draw me in, the world seemed fake/kinda lifeless, the combat controls were ok but a little "off".

The only 2 game series I am a big fan of but hate one game from is easy:

Bioshock:Infinante since it was to fake, unrealistic, and "doctor who" time travel BS kind of storyline with rips in time and all that BS where BioShock 1 and 2 were believable stories grounded in reality which made them so good and have nightmare fuel.

Pokemon Ruby/Saphire/Emerald because they tried to reboot the series, alienated many old fans, and did not even try to have a connection to gen 1 or 2, for me and many others in my community this was the dark times for Pokemon until Gamefreak realized the grave mistake they made and put out remakes of gen 1 "Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen". In gen 4 they also added migration as they knew the screw up in gen 3 was a big reason most of the vets jumped ship and a wy to get past gen mons from your old games has been a main stay ever since. The old vets also came back either for the gen 1 remakes or gen 2 remakes and most have stayed ever since.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#9kingPaxPosted 7/23/2014 3:42:32 PM
Grand Theft Auto... Liked 3, 100% Vice City and Put in at least 500 hours into San Andreas. I also play V regularly. But Grand Theft Auto IV has to be one of the most disappointing and boring open world games I have ever played. Total let down.
#10Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 4:54:07 PM
Agrees with offworlder about BI.

Do not like Jak II in the slightest.... But i like 1 and 3
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.