This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Perfect Dark on 360 is how you do a HD remake.

#1Jedi454Posted 7/24/2014 3:27:18 AM
I don't think i've seen any better HD remakes. This game is 1080p 60fps and runs smooth as butter, can anyone list any other great HD remakes?
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#2Smakface13Posted 7/24/2014 3:48:33 AM
Does Resident Evil count? Cause if so, that.
---
"Look at him christen! If that were me I would have broken the bottle!"
"I call it.. 'Billy and The Cloneasaurus!' "
#3da_StoOgePosted 7/24/2014 3:51:08 AM
Well REmake will forever and always be the best remake.
Zero Mission is also decent, but I don't quite like it as much as everyone else seems to.

I didn't mind the Halo Anniversary "remake", but my favourite level: The Maw, had some horrendous texture streaming issues and felt like it lacked polish.

Conker also had a pretty decent remake. The multiplayer was good, but I loved the single players new graphics. Potty it was over censored, but it's still pretty damn good.

It probably doesn't fall into the whole "remake" category, but Another World Anniversary Edition is also brilliant.
---
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
#4dtmrPosted 7/24/2014 5:59:14 AM
REmake isn't a HD remake. It's a new game. Perfect Dark HD is the same as the original, except in HD with improved frame rate.
---
Latiku is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent hardworking Americans.
#5Citan22Posted 7/24/2014 6:31:09 AM
Jedi454 posted...
I don't think i've seen any better HD remakes. This game is 1080p 60fps and runs smooth as butter, can anyone list any other great HD remakes?

how do you manage to get the controls feeling right.. mainly the sensitivities? i love me some PD, but i'm just awful at the HD version cause the springy crosshairs don't seem to work well with modern analog sticks. the 64 version didn't even have a sensitivity setting and yet it felt perfect.. in this version i can't hit the broad side of a barn.
#6dtmrPosted 7/24/2014 6:43:42 AM
I bought the HD version when it came out. Nostalgia be damned, I can't get back into the rubber band aiming mechanic. Got too used to moving and aiming at the same time.
---
Latiku is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent hardworking Americans.
#7Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:53:37 AM(edited)
Citan22 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

how do you manage to get the controls feeling right.. mainly the sensitivities? i love me some PD, but i'm just awful at the HD version cause the springy crosshairs don't seem to work well with modern analog sticks. the 64 version didn't even have a sensitivity setting and yet it felt perfect.. in this version i can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think it's just a bit of practice, plus the auto-aim helps a lot. I've got accustomed to games to the 360 controller with quick aiming and so fourth, i'm terrible at Resident Evil 4 HD on Ps3 though.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#8beautifuldreamsPosted 7/24/2014 6:54:30 AM
PD had a patch that allowed more control/aiming options
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#9dtmrPosted 7/24/2014 6:58:29 AM
beautifuldreams posted...
PD had a patch that allowed more control/aiming options

Like a CoD or Halo control scheme? I know the 64 didn't have a second stick for crosshair aim, but damn does this feel wrong nowadays.
---
#10Matt_256Posted 7/24/2014 7:04:34 AM
Citan22 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Same problem I had. Great HD remake but the controls just didn't port over to the 360 very well. The games mechanics were just made for that N64 controller. I had a lot of trouble with it even after the patch I just couldn't get the sensitivity to where it was on the N64. They more less forced you to play the game like Halo but that's not the way Perfect Dark is meant to be played which made the game a lot more complicated.

I mastered that game on Perfect Agent on the N64 but on this HD made I struggled on Secrete Agent and could only pass half the game on Perfect Agent when the controls really started catching up with me. It was really nice to see this game in 1080p at 60fps though. This game chugged on the N64 at times and co-op was near unplayable on the N64 because of how poor the framerate was.