This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Perfect Dark on 360 is how you do a HD remake.

#11beautifuldreamsPosted 7/24/2014 8:06:24 AM
possibly, iir, there are Halo and CoD control schemes, but i could be wrong

Legacy controls
Southpaw (left-handed) controls
Swap Triggers control option
Lock Sight control option
Precision Aim sensitivity tuning
Gamma (brightness) option

---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#12Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 8:11:24 AM
I thought the controls worked just any other FPS.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#13Matt_256Posted 7/24/2014 8:45:06 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...

That's the problem right there. The original Perfect Dark didn't control like todays modern day shooters, Halo changed the way shooters are played on consoles possibly forever. It's great, yea, I love the twin sticks but I just didn't think it worked out well when transferring Perfect Dark over to the 360 controller.

While they ported the game over the core mechanics of the game are still left the same. Perfect Dark is not quite made to be played like Halo, you have to use precision and manual aim while being quick and precise to have success in Perfect Dark, especially on the harder difficulties. If you don't manual aim and play the game like you're playing Halo it's rather clunky and it feels kind of unnatural in Perfect Dark but at the same time, manual aiming just feels "off". Even with the patch adjusting the sensitivity it just doesn't feel right to me. It's not that the game is unplayable by any means, it is, I just found it a lot more difficult to play with the 360 controller opposed to the original N64 pad.

On the N64 version I can easily pull off head shots even with the pistol from ridiculous distances with relative ease. On the 360 controller it always seems like I'm kinda fighting with the reticle to some extent. Yea, on the easier difficulties it wasn't too much of a big deal but once you get deep in the campaign on Perfect Agent it'll start to bury you. Well, at least it did for me..

I got the game at release on the 360 and haven't played it since the year it was released. I've been thinking about booting it up again just for fun!
#14Kurgan777Posted 7/24/2014 10:51:44 AM
Halo CE Anniversary
Jet Set Radio HD
Super StreetFighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
R-Type Dimensions
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#15creep50Posted 7/29/2014 5:53:50 AM
Matt_256 posted...
Jedi454 posted...

That's the problem right there. The original Perfect Dark didn't control like todays modern day shooters, Halo changed the way shooters are played on consoles possibly forever. It's great, yea, I love the twin sticks but I just didn't think it worked out well when transferring Perfect Dark over to the 360 controller.

While they ported the game over the core mechanics of the game are still left the same. Perfect Dark is not quite made to be played like Halo, you have to use precision and manual aim while being quick and precise to have success in Perfect Dark, especially on the harder difficulties. If you don't manual aim and play the game like you're playing Halo it's rather clunky and it feels kind of unnatural in Perfect Dark but at the same time, manual aiming just feels "off". Even with the patch adjusting the sensitivity it just doesn't feel right to me. It's not that the game is unplayable by any means, it is, I just found it a lot more difficult to play with the 360 controller opposed to the original N64 pad.

On the N64 version I can easily pull off head shots even with the pistol from ridiculous distances with relative ease. On the 360 controller it always seems like I'm kinda fighting with the reticle to some extent. Yea, on the easier difficulties it wasn't too much of a big deal but once you get deep in the campaign on Perfect Agent it'll start to bury you. Well, at least it did for me..

I got the game at release on the 360 and haven't played it since the year it was released. I've been thinking about bootgoldeneye thing it up again just for fun!

ehh..halo did not invent the twin sticks for FPS..and they did not change anything in that way

actually you could play perfect dark on N64 with 2 controllers..and than you would be using twin sticks..(goldeneye also had that feature).....they simply took that and put it into a single controller

didnt play perfect dark until it was released in XBLA (only played goldeneye)
and i have to say it was my favourite FPS experience of this gen

i did buy it on n64 recently just to have it..and i think that XBLA port was just perfect..i definitely agree with TC
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#16bladegash666Posted 7/31/2014 7:30:59 PM
Can't say I fully agree. While the graphic upgrade is appreciated, they should have fixed gameplay and pacing.

-Auto Aim that you can't turn off.
-Can't play on anything above Easy until you beat the game(don't know if they fixed this)
-A.I. is dumb.
-Co Op can be laggy at times.
-The most random objectives
-The last couple levels feel phoned in
-Competitive modes had crazy slowdown and bad matchmaking.
-Voice work can be hit or miss.

They should've charged less for this mediocre fossil.
---
"Listen you protein guzzling buffoon-"
"That sentence had too many syllables , APOLOGIZE!"