This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

dead space 1-3, never played, should i?

#21rockyoumonkeysPosted 7/27/2014 2:55:02 PM
They get progressively worse, but the first two are worth playing.

The third is complete ****, and the only thing that makes it even remotely worth playing is the ending (from a story standpoint...the ending gameplay still blows.)
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Playing: FFXIV (server: Lamia)
#22shawnmckPosted 7/27/2014 3:00:40 PM
The 3rd game in the series is not that bad. Granted, its a step backwards in terms of overall fun-factor, but its nowhere near as bad as some like to claim.
Some people just can't accept that the game went in a slightly different direction for some parts of the game (game is still 90% the same as previous games), and so they have a tantrum over it.
It happens with some installments of any series. Deal-with-it.
#23rockyoumonkeysPosted 7/28/2014 3:35:34 PM
shawnmck posted...
The 3rd game in the series is not that bad. Granted, its a step backwards in terms of overall fun-factor, but its nowhere near as bad as some like to claim.
Some people just can't accept that the game went in a slightly different direction for some parts of the game (game is still 90% the same as previous games), and so they have a tantrum over it.

90%? Wrong.

You spend much more than 10% of the game killing humans. You spend a positively tiny amount of the game on a ship or otherwise in space. You spend an obnoxious percentage of the game wandering a boring snowy wasteland. The game isn't called Dead Boring Snowy Wasteland.

Oh and let's not forget the forced-co-op-or-miss-out-on-chunks-of-the-game and the microtransactions.

DS3 would be barely tolerable even if it wasn't a DS game. As a DS game, it's downright offensive.
---
#24kennyynnoo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 4:43:35 PM
I started with 1, oddly enough 1 runs more then 2 everywhere. If I like 1 I will try the others.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#25shawnmckPosted 7/28/2014 5:21:43 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
shawnmck posted...

90%? Wrong.

You spend much more than 10% of the game killing humans. You spend a positively tiny amount of the game on a ship or otherwise in space. You spend an obnoxious percentage of the game wandering a boring snowy wasteland. The game isn't called Dead Boring Snowy Wasteland.

Oh and let's not forget the forced-co-op-or-miss-out-on-chunks-of-the-game and the microtransactions.

DS3 would be barely tolerable even if it wasn't a DS game. As a DS game, it's downright offensive.

^ You don't know what you are talking about.
The shootouts with human enemies are less than 10% of the game. If you think its more than that, then you are delusional.
And whether the game takes place on a space-ship, space-station, or a desolate & long forgotten human settlement on an ice planet isn't relevant, because the overall premise is still intact. You explore run-down and dark environments with the necromorphs hounding your every step.
Dead Space is NOT about roaming a derelict spaceship.
The second game took place predominately on a space-station.
The Developers wanted to change things up again by changing the game by adding a variety of environments (spaceship, space junkyard, and a desolated settlement on an ice-planet.

But let me guess...you are the type of snobbish troll that expects every Dead Space to take place on a spaceship, just like those snobbish trolls that expect every Resident Evil to take place in a mansion.

And the game does NOT force co-op.
You are free to engage in co-op or not.
And the parts that are only available in co-op are miniscule. Even without them, the game is still longer than either DS1 or DS2.
So the areas you claim are being missed out on with co-op wouldn't even have been made at all if it weren't for co-op.
Why don't you cry some more, like a little baby having a tantrum.
..."whaaa...I don't like it...wwWWHaaAAA!"
#26GorillaInHoagiePosted 7/28/2014 5:29:36 PM
^ That reminds me, I need to buy myself some diapers
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#27rockyoumonkeysPosted 7/30/2014 7:06:14 PM
shawnmck posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
shawnmck posted...

90%? Wrong.

^ You don't know what you are talking about.
The shootouts with human enemies are less than 10% of the game. If you think its more than that, then you are delusional.
And whether the game takes place on a space-ship, space-station, or a desolate & long forgotten human settlement on an ice planet isn't relevant, because the overall premise is still intact. You explore run-down and dark environments with the necromorphs hounding your every step.
Dead Space is NOT about roaming a derelict spaceship.
The second game took place predominately on a space-station.
The Developers wanted to change things up again by changing the game by adding a variety of environments (spaceship, space junkyard, and a desolated settlement on an ice-planet.

But let me guess...you are the type of snobbish troll that expects every Dead Space to take place on a spaceship, just like those snobbish trolls that expect every Resident Evil to take place in a mansion.

And the game does NOT force co-op.
You are free to engage in co-op or not.
And the parts that are only available in co-op are miniscule. Even without them, the game is still longer than either DS1 or DS2.
So the areas you claim are being missed out on with co-op wouldn't even have been made at all if it weren't for co-op.
Why don't you cry some more, like a little baby having a tantrum.
..."whaaa...I don't like it...wwWWHaaAAA!"

God you're whiny. Were you one of the developers of DS3?
---
#28Spire88Posted 7/30/2014 7:20:56 PM
1 and 2 yes, skip 3 and dont even think about awakened. That dlc kept freezing on me and I stoped after I got back on the tera nove because I noticed that it somehow blanked/eraced all my collectables/difficulty profress for that file.

p.s. anyone know how to fix that?
#29SixStringHeroPosted 7/30/2014 11:17:08 PM
I just finished Dead Space 3.

Encounters with human enemies do not make up the bulk of the game or even close to 10 percent of the combat. There's an Achievement for getting 30 head shots on human enemies, and I barely unlocked that achievement until towards the end of the game. I spent far more time in combat against Necromorphs, and once you get passed the intro, the game is Dead Space through and through.

The combat against humans didn't bother me as anyone who has been paying to the story in DS and DS2 knew that this was eventually coming as it's been a big part of the story and only culminates in the third game.

Overall, DS3 was a great game and there is quite a bit of content there for multiple replays.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#30vashkeyPosted 7/30/2014 11:40:13 PM
Play 1 and 2, forget 3 even exists