This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the next DMC be continuation of the main series or the remake?

#1temoorashrafPosted 7/28/2014 10:02:07 AM
I don't know if there has been any confirmation regarding it.

I liked the remake, but there were somethings I didn't really like.

I really want them to continue the main series, but take some aspects of the remake and mix them in with the game.
---
Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on the butt
#2Dragon NexusPosted 7/28/2014 10:04:59 AM
More than likely the remake.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#3frater_davidPosted 7/28/2014 10:36:29 AM
I have a feeling it will be another reboot.
#4Wolfie80Posted 7/28/2014 10:47:55 AM
temoorashraf posted...

I really want them to continue the main series, but take some aspects of the remake and mix them in with the game.

I know you have played most of the series and I wonder what bothered you about the remake. ?It was probably one of the games I enjoyed the most but I have been real hesitant about trying the rest of the series out!

I didn't do the dlc from DmC so I don't know how virgil was left off but I have a feeling they would try and capitalize on the most recent game, maybe even try to blend the two together.

Off topic have you ever played bayonetta, just started playing through it and wonder if that is anything like (I know nothing is really like bayonetta!) the other Devil may cry games?
#5temoorashraf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 11:26:31 AM
Wolfie80 posted...
temoorashraf posted...

I know you have played most of the series and I wonder what bothered you about the remake. ?It was probably one of the games I enjoyed the most but I have been real hesitant about trying the rest of the series out!

I didn't do the dlc from DmC so I don't know how virgil was left off but I have a feeling they would try and capitalize on the most recent game, maybe even try to blend the two together.

Off topic have you ever played bayonetta, just started playing through it and wonder if that is anything like (I know nothing is really like bayonetta!) the other Devil may cry games?

I didn't like the new personalities that the characters had. I know some people would argue that they're realistic or relatable, but what I loved was how over the top everything was. And I just liked them a lot.
I also thought the combat lacked depth. Especially considering the amount of depth 4 had.
It was a bit too easy. I completed all of the difficulties, only having an issue with the last boss fight of the hell and hell mode. I can't say if could have beaten the others because I had a lot less experience.
The boss fights were boring. Except for the last one.
It gets annoying seeing all the scripted sequences after your 4th playthrough.
I liked the gothic setting better, eventhough I loved that you weren't constrained to a single castle.

Major spoiler:I hated Vergil's character 180, when he went against Dante in the end. They made him out to be such a weenie, never fighting and such, and in the end he thinks he can beat Dante.

I also really disliked the DLC. For numerous reasons.

These may seem like a lot, but considering I played for 100 hours and would still play again says a lot.
The previous ones had issues too, that's why I think Capcom should take the best of both of them and make a super DMC.

I've played Bayonetta. I only played one playthrough. I was horrible at it and lost a lot, and had a bad experience with it, and all of it was my fault. Thinking back on it, the only problem with it would probably be the QTE's.

It played a lot like DMC and I kept getting angry that they copied stuff from DMC (I later found out how stupid I was because they have the same director). I can;t even remember why I didn't play more. I think the issue was that this was one of the first few games I played and at that time, I had a lot more other games I was excited to play, and I was just not into the idea of playing a game multiple time.

I REALLY want to play it again, but there are issues with my Xbox and I will most definitely play it after getting it fixed.

Bayonetta is an amazing game, and hope you have fun with it.
---
Jester's gonna spank your butt, spank you on the butt
#6ChrisBot2k5Posted 7/28/2014 11:38:45 AM
Sadly the new one was the start of a new main series. But hopefully a reboot can at least set it back on course closer to the original 3.
---
"Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME." - Benny Hill
#7LightbornePosted 7/28/2014 11:46:04 AM
Sigh.
---
The most wasted of all days is a day without laughter.
#8simonbelmont2Posted 7/28/2014 12:03:22 PM
Wolfie80 posted...
temoorashraf posted...

Bayonetta is great and probably my favorite hack n slash on the 360. The game gives you a lot of options and cool tricks to use in combat.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#9AltiarLioPosted 7/28/2014 1:41:20 PM
I really want a DmC2, the reboot was great.
---
http://instagram.com/tyronelio# ; You'll Never Walk Alone.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#10Wolfie80Posted 7/28/2014 2:19:46 PM
I think I liked the reboot so much because I had nothing to compare it to. If i had played the other games in the series i may feel the same as you TC but as it stands outside of Max Payne 3 it is my most played game (4 playthroughs on each). Hell and Hell is next and not looking forward to virgil, i know devil trigger will make ost of the run cake but eveything i hear is that virgil is a pain.

Its funny because i am with you on Bayonetta, the game itself is pretty amazing but I am piling up stone awards whereas I generally get ss ranks at least on most all my DmC levels. I probably just need to spend a little more time with it.

the genre itself is quickly becoming my favorite, I still love the sandbox style, but between the challenges/collectibles/combat of hack and slash they challenge me more than most other games and give me the greatest satisfaction upon completion.