This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live account from Xbox One not allowed online on Xbox360?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox Live account from Xbox One not allowed online on Xbox360?
1 year ago#1
Hey guys when I created my Xbox Live account it was on my Xbox One. It originally gave me a standard name and then I changed it to what I wanted the name to be. This past week I purchased an Xbox 360 and downloaded my Live profile onto it. When it downloaded the profile it gave me the standard gamertag and not the gamertag that I changed it to. That's fine and dandy but whenever I try to play online it says that my account is not allowed to play on Xbox Live. It's the same email and account from my Xbox One so I can't figure out what's wrong. Has anyone had a similar situation occur or does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 year ago#2
Bump since I know this got buried.
1 year ago#3
To me it sounds like somehow you managed to create two different live accounts using the same email. Your gamertag should be the same for both. A bit confused by the whole "standard gamertag and not the gamertag that I changed it to" part. The consoles can get a bit weird at times when you get a new system and already have an account. Just try to recover your original XBone account again is the best advice I can give. If not, have a free bump.
1 year ago#4
When I originally created the account on the Xbox One it gave me a pre made name (woolypenguin9) as I was creating it. After it was made I changed it to the gamertag that I wanted it to be (iannono06). When I downloaded the profile onto the Xbox 360, woolypenguin9 was the name of the account, not iannono06.
1 year ago#5
Sounds like you botched the hell out the process.
---
You can't grasp the true form of TheGM's post.
Touch =>HERE<= to touch greatness.
1 year ago#6
Sign back in on the Xbox One and tell us what it says.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
1 year ago#7
Sorry I was getting ready. I tried getting on live on the Xbox One and it works just fine!
1 year ago#8
Weird. Two accounts on one email. Kudos.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
1 year ago#9
Not sure what is going on exactly here but I do know that a lot of changes were made regarding how 360 and One accounts work with each other, at various points after the One was released, without telling us.

For example, newly created 360 accounts (created on a 360) now have One gamerpics on xbox.com and the One, even if you don't have a One, and this only started as of a month ago.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox Live account from Xbox One not allowed online on Xbox360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived