This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you fibd yourself playing your digital games over your physical games?

#11Kurgan777Posted 8/5/2014 4:19:53 PM
Yes I end up playing digital more, but ONLY because I have more of them due to the GwG program and free money from Bing to buy stuff on sale.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#12ddd321Posted 8/5/2014 4:43:50 PM
Buying games online is a risky business, because you will never know when MS (or sony) will decide to shut down its services. And considering the fact that new consoles are here, it may be sooner than you may think. So you can end up losing yer games. Unless they give you an option to back them up (unlikely). Xbone isn't backward compatible. Physical copies all the way for me. The only thing I bought were couple of DLCs when they were dirt cheap for Bioshock 2 and Dishonored. It's just not a secure investment. The only digital distribution I trust is Steam because for one its hugely popular and provides services to developers like sales and DRM. So it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
#13alucard138Posted 8/5/2014 4:50:26 PM
Most of my games are digital. I decided to do it that way after I kept trading stuff in during sales. It's more convenient and I end up being able to keep my games. I keep Halo in the disc drive and play GoD when I'm not online with Halo.
---
and to think we created this monster. crawling in and walking out on us
#14ComradeRyanPosted 8/5/2014 6:15:44 PM
I always purchase a physical copy when it comes to retail games. I usually play one game at a time from start to finish, so I do not need to change discs often.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#15GamerguymassPosted 8/5/2014 9:15:11 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Yes I end up playing digital more, but ONLY because I have more of them due to the GwG program and free money from Bing to buy stuff on sale.

This is the same reason for me as well. Also so I can beat the game and delete it from the console so I have more space available.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!