This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your thoughts on the following games...

#1sbn4Posted 8/8/2014 9:01:54 AM
Final Fantasy XIII (or the series in general)
Darksiders
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 4

Been interested in these games and I was wondering what people think of these titles.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2Pacman2dxPosted 8/8/2014 9:05:49 AM
I'm into Final Fantasy.

Darksiders is a pretty cool game, it has cool dungeon and puzzle elements and typical combat mechanics for a hack and slash.

Assassin's Creed 2 is a great game and one of the best in the series. I'd definitely recommend it.

Assassin's Creed 4 is also good (reason I say good and not great is because I haven't spent much time with it, as I've only played a good hour or two on my nephews Xbox One.) From what I have played though, it seems like a worthwhile playthrough.
---
Failing is not always failure.
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 8/8/2014 9:14:11 AM
Darksiders was alright, although 2 was a lot better, IMO.

FFXIII was... flawed, but allowing for your tolerance for a few things, it's kind of enjoyable. It puts you on rails for about 15-20 hours, limiting your access or use of characters, which is pretty ridiculous for a RPG. There are few sidequests and none amount to much. A good portion of the game content is post-story grinding, which... if you like the combat system enough, you'll either enjoy or not.

AC2 was good, haven't played AC4 yet.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#4popichueloPosted 8/8/2014 9:17:07 AM
IMO....

FFXIII bored me to tears. I know you're supposed to get through like the first 8 hours and it opens up some, but I made it about 6 and moved on.

Darksiders was bland as bland can be. I was really excited for the series, but just couldn't get into the game. Combat felt dull, story didn't grab me, etc.

Both AC2 and 4 are fantastic games.
#5Flare7Posted 8/8/2014 9:19:22 AM
sbn4 posted...
Final Fantasy XIII (or the series in general)
Darksiders
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 4

Been interested in these games and I was wondering what people think of these titles.

1. Series died after 6
2. Not my cup of tea, I find these games boring
3/4. Not bad, but I think all of these games are too similar to one another, so I get bored of them
---
Currently playing: Arkham Asylum
#6LadyYachiruPosted 8/8/2014 9:32:54 AM
FF XIII is kind of meh...it improves greatly around Ch 11....but can take a little bit to get there.....I do recommend trying it at least though...some people really enjoy it.

AC II is good enough....much more comfortable suggesting it :3

Havent played Darksiders and quit AC after Brotherhood...just got a little old :l
---
Razors pain you; Rivers are damp; Acids stain you; And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live.
#7ConverseApollo6Posted 8/8/2014 9:35:11 AM
Darksiders was good and fun but I found it a little hard at some points.
#8sp0rklezPosted 8/8/2014 9:39:15 AM
I haven't yet played FFXIII (though I do own it) but I love the rest of the series. From what my brother tells me, if you love Final Fantasy, 13 is different but also very enjoyable.

I just started Darksiders a few days ago actually, and I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels very God of War-ish, mixed with Legend of Zelda kinda. Which I think is awesome.

Assassin's Creed 2 was fun as well. I've only played the first 2 of the series, but 2 far surpassed my expectations I had after playing the first game.

I haven't played AC4, but it looks like a beautiful game, and pirates are awesome. I really want it too, but I'm gonna make myself play the series in order, even if I don't actually have to.
#9WinternovaPosted 8/8/2014 9:46:49 AM
I own 2 of those (one PC, one Xbox 360), but haven't played any of them. I need to get working on that...maybe this weekend.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#10hectic3Posted 8/8/2014 10:04:18 AM(edited)
Never played a FF game so sorry.

Darksiders is a very fun adventure game, decent enough story, and it controls well. On a side note, Darksiders 2 was kinda boring compared to the first.

AC2 and AC4 are easily the two best AC games. AC2 is the best all around, lots of upgrades, weapons, some fun platforming side missions and it has the series best protagnists.
AC4 is a ton of fun looting ships and sailing the open sea...now the story missions were pretty freaking boring for the most part. I managed to get about 70 hours out of it though because like I said the open seas were extremely fun so I'd recommend it.

Also if possible I'd suggest going next gen on AC4 if possible. I have it on X1 and the smoke and weather effects are super cool. The ocean looks better and the environments are more lush.