This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your thoughts on the following games...

#11Mr_ShabbsPosted 8/8/2014 9:01:35 AM
hectic3 posted...
Never played a FF game so sorry.

Darksiders is a very fun adventure game, decent enough story, and it controls well. On a side note, Darksiders 2 was kinda boring compared to the first.

AC2 and AC4 are easily the two best AC games. AC2 is the best all around, lots of upgrades, weapons, some fun platforming side missions and it has the series best protagnists.
AC4 is a ton of fun looting ships and sailing the open sea...now the story missions were pretty freaking boring for the most part. I managed to get about 70 hours out of it though because like I said the open seas were extremely fun so I'd recommend it.

I Pretty Much Agree Here, I have not touched FF since the SNES days. But AC2 is great, the story (if you play everything and unlock everything was the best and most intriguing until they ruined it in revaltions and 3) And 4 is great just for sailing and pirating, otherwise its not much different from the other iterations.
---
-Darkness
#12fiasco86Posted 8/8/2014 9:05:16 AM
Assassin's Creed 2 is excellent. I'd probably put it in my Top 10 of the generation, though in the spirit of full disclosure, I have a ton of good games in my backlog that I still haven't played.

I haven't played anything else on your list.
---
The Summer of Co-op lives at http://www.youtube.com/vgfiasco
#13FellDudePosted 8/8/2014 9:13:51 AM
FF 13 series was bad overall. I enjoyed 13-2's gameplay (unlike the other two installments) but the story was probably the worst of the 3.

Darksiders. Both were fun. I liked 2 better than 1.

AC2 was awesome for it's day. I'm not sure how it's aged though.

AC4 was once again, awesome and it's more recent. I preferred 4 over 2.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.
#14The_Hitman_UKPosted 8/8/2014 9:58:27 AM
Only give thoughts on 2 games

Assassin's Creed 2 is amazing, probably my favourite game of last gen. Cheap now also.

Assassin's Creed 4 I didn't like but only because I didn't like the ship combat. If you do like the naval battles get it, it's full of content.
---
Don't care for resolution and solid 30 fps is fine.
worshipping pieces of plastic lol
#15NYEMPosted 8/8/2014 10:00:22 AM
sbn4 posted...
Final Fantasy XIII (or the series in general)
Darksiders
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 4

Been interested in these games and I was wondering what people think of these titles.

Final Fantasy has fallen so off since PSone days, I personally wouldn't recommend any after 9.

Both Darksiders are fun if you are into action adventure, Zelda type games.

AC2 is ok, but I'd say get AC4 since its the newest. I feel like 75% of the gameplay of this series is recycled in every single sequel. Oh I'm collecting music notes instead of letters...ok. At least AC4 has all the same side quest types for the most part, and adds the naval parts which is new to the series. I played AC2, then one of the side games, then AC3, and now playing AC4 and I'm so burnt out on the side quests.
---
Militant #3: sarcastically, I'm in charge.
#16rockingalanPosted 8/8/2014 12:00:50 PM
sucks
never played
awesome
epicly awesome
---
Nothing is certain, everything is permitted
FC: 0232-8853-1864
#17Gamerz_FantasyPosted 8/8/2014 5:20:37 PM
all this finalfantasy bashing is funny coming from xbots
#18darkharePosted 8/9/2014 11:16:07 AM
sbn4 posted...
Final Fantasy XIII (or the series in general)
Darksiders
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 4

Been interested in these games and I was wondering what people think of these titles.

not a fan of final fantasy, darksiders is a series that could have gone past 2games. the more spin-offs assassin creed gets the less im liking it.
---
[obnoxious period]
#19The_Hitman_UKPosted 8/9/2014 12:08:00 PM
Gamerz_Fantasy posted...
all this finalfantasy bashing is funny coming from xbots

You seem upset :(
---
Don't care for resolution and solid 30 fps is fine.
worshipping pieces of plastic lol
#20Halo_ForeverPosted 8/15/2014 3:22:15 AM
FFXIII - only played for the ten first hours, but my verdict is that it is a mess. The battle system halfway plays itself in the regular encounters, while the lack of control of the remainder of your party members means that all the boss fights where you genuinely need control are going to feature episodes where the people that you not commanding are doing everything wrong (e.g. casting useless buffs instead healing, or as happened to my brother using melee when they were specced for ranged damage [melee did around 300 damage per hit while ranged did 4000 per hit with rather equal hit rates]).

Darksiders: Wrath of War :Take Zelda, put it through a comic book "teh grittiez" filter and add some serious beefcake. Features some pretty awesome segments (one horseback desert battle will stick with me for a long time), with some less awesome puzzle solving in temples that should have been a bit shorter. Basically it is Zelda + violence, if that sounds awesome go for it, otherwise stay away. Darksiders 2 seems to be a lot better than 1 although I've only played the first 5 hours of it (DS1 to me 18 hours to complete).

Assassins Creed 2: The series pinnacle for my part, it expanded the original in the way that felt right, without becoming completely bloated. Only the ending annoyed me, although Brotherhood fixes it up in the end.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....