This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Related: Have you ever tried to get into a game several times and finally did?

#11Pacman2dxPosted 8/11/2014 8:37:57 AM
Bioshock -- I still dislike the game but I played it enough to complete it and that was good enough for me.
---
Failing is not always failure.
#12metaldiggle2Posted 8/11/2014 8:56:03 AM
The first Mass Effect. Just couldn't get into it when it was new. Finally gave the game a true chance five years later and would go on to love the trilogy.
---
Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/Bulls. Chicago.
#13blablablax17Posted 8/11/2014 1:18:06 PM
Oblivion.
The first time I got out of that intro cave, it was just too much.
I was overwhelmed and had no idea what to do.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '04.
#14Flare7Posted 8/11/2014 1:22:11 PM
It's weird, most of the games that this has happened to me with ended up being some of my favorite games. I don't understand.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Fallout 3
Dragon Age: Origins
---
Currently playing: I don't know yet :(
#15kwarantinePosted 8/11/2014 1:27:52 PM
Half Life 2

Got the orange box, started with this. I just couldn't get into it after escaping the city. Thought it was boring and stupid. Tried it again later and now it's one of my favorite games. Went through it 3 or 4 times
---
GT: Menace 117 PSN: Menace117
I would've liked to run tests on those seashells. - Mordin Solus
#16robster_2005Posted 8/11/2014 2:54:02 PM
KOA: Reckoning - The first few hours of that game are tedious beyond belief, but once you get into the story and the way the game works (and turn the difficulty up) the game is insanely good fun. Put many hours into that and the DLC
---
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666
#17mohomadPosted 8/11/2014 3:01:17 PM
Mass Effect 1

Couldn't get into it when it first came out. Tried it 2 times and never even made it to the citadel. Third try was when I first heard about ME3. I bought 1 and 2 together, made it to the citadel and knew it would be my favorite trilogy of games so far.
---
GT: CrimsonJ0Hard
#18shawnmckPosted 8/11/2014 3:32:59 PM(edited)
Demon's Souls (prequel to Dark Souls) is the only one that comes to mind.
Even though I liked the setting, I hated the game because it was ridiculous in its difficulty (steep learning curve & stiff penalty for death)...but I kept at it, and eventually something just clicked and I came to really enjoy it.
Though I still think it doesn't need to be as difficult as it is. The game (series) is fairly cheap at times.