Would you be super practical in putting things that will most likely be used in an every day life?
Would you put in game memorabilia that would be looked at once and forgotten after you play the game?
Would you put in a super expensive statue to go with it?
What would you incorporate in a CE of a game if you could assemble it and why?
For me I would have:
1. A tin case, it's practical. Useful to put your knick knacks in, pens, whatever inside. It's multipurpose.
2. A digital soundtrack, keeping less clutter. itunes code would be preferable to a majority.
3. A game steel book, cause for the collector's.
4. The game, no special disc art, just a simple game disc.
5. Stickers, cause why not, people like to stick them on to something.
6. A memorable toy crafted with quality based on the game, for cosplay or whatever.
It feels unnecessary to put an art book, as it can be sold separately rather than remain exclusive. Exclusive DLC is annoying and can alienate the purest and OCD. --- I hate games with bad game design
#2Kurgan777Posted 8/13/2014 3:41:09 PM
I never buy Collector's Edition games, but if I were to put together a package for one it would be something like this....
1. The game in it's own custom steel case with case art different from the normal version of the game. Custom disc art isn't necessary, but could add value later.
2. A high quality Limited Edition numbered resin figure or mini-bust from the game with a certificate of authenticity.
3. An actual CD of the soundtrack with custom artwork, because f*** digital-only soundtracks. They're a cop-out and add no actual value to the bundle because the full digital soundtrack will be online for free within a week anyways.
4. A full sized poster or wall scroll from the game, not those stupid "mini-posters" that are barely the size of a magazine page. Or, a custom designed USB memory stick shaped like something from the game, 8GB maximum.
Those things would add actual value to the bundle in the long run, or actually be valuable on their own separately. . --- What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher? The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !