This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

State of Decay - overrated?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. State of Decay - overrated?
1 year ago#1
All I heard was awesome things about this game. I started it and enjoyed it. Now I've built up a community and some outposts. Now i'm starting to get bored. I feel like now I'm just doing the same couple repetitive quests outside of a couple pretty shallow main quest/side quest stuff.

Anytime I drive somewhere to get more construction materials ,etc I'm suddenly bombarded with a couple 'help your ally' quests where I have to travel across the map to save them and take them back home. Sometimes I just don't because I feel its a waste of time.

Ferals can kill you instantly too I noticed so traveling by yourself without a car is pretty much instant death once one find you with a couple regular zombies.

The story line seems to be almost non-existent besides the occassional 'army activity' quick scenes that have come up.

Granted - I see tons of potential with this game and the idea is very promising, however most of the execution is more of a chore than enjoyable for so many of the types of quests and building up of the community.

Plus losing stuff while off-line should be an option. If I take a couple days off half my community is sick, lost or worse. That's annoying.
1 year ago#2
And why should anyone give you a serious response?

Get better
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
1 year ago#3
Better at what? The game? I'm doing fine it. Doesn't mean that the quests aren't repetitive and the overall scope is hindered by fetch-chore quests *shrugs*
1 year ago#4
Just go and save like 20 or 30 more of your friends and do like 20 more side missions and it'll get less repetitive.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
1 year ago#5
I remember when the game first came out, I experienced annoying bugs throughout my entire playthough. Got about 90% of the way through the game, encountered a bug that stopped story progress permanently. Tried to fix it for like a week. Posted on the official forums, no response.

Never played it again.
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
1 year ago#6
I got the game at 9.99 but I would've been kind of annoyed had I spent $20
1 year ago#7
Yea, I've had to stop and reload a couple times due to the quest locations not showing up. I got in a car to drop off goods with some hispanic guy and the game gave me no map or direction to where I needed to go. I drove around thinking it would pop up until I realized 'crap, its a bug'. I reloaded and BAM! ... quest indictation came up.
1 year ago#8
I also think it's overrated. It does nothing really good.
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
1 year ago#9
I tried the demo but the game seemed tedious with too much babysitting and running errands. Some of the gameplay mechanics also seemed a bit odd and counterintuitive.
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
1 year ago#10
No matter the game, someone will say that is overrated...
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. State of Decay - overrated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived