This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

State of Decay - overrated?

#11KakkaKarrotKakePosted 8/18/2014 8:49:04 AM
Surefirepegasus posted...
Better at what? The game? I'm doing fine it. Doesn't mean that the quests aren't repetitive and the overall scope is hindered by fetch-chore quests *shrugs*

It's glassghost. Just smile at him and move on.

State of Decay is ok. I enjoyed it last year when I played it despite having to start the entire game over because the last mission would never trigger.
#12glassghost0Posted 8/18/2014 8:53:14 AM
KakkaKarrotKake posted...
Better at what? The game? I'm doing fine it. Doesn't mean that the quests aren't repetitive and the overall scope is hindered by fetch-chore quests *shrugs*

State of Decay is ok. I enjoyed it last year when I played it despite having to start the entire game over because the last mission would never trigger.

Ferals can kill you instantly too I noticed so traveling by yourself without a car is pretty much instant death

And do you not realize who TC is....
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#13BetterWormPosted 8/18/2014 9:10:09 AM
It's always been a love-it-or-hate-it kind of game. If you belong to the 'hate it' group, that's fine. Yes, the main storyline is thin/short (the game's more about exploration and base management). Yes, the missions get really repetitive.

One way to avoid the little missions popping up if you're on a materials run is to accept a mission like a morale-booster mission (someone's angry/depressed/whatever) and then just hold off on actually doing it. While you're on one mission, it stops other little missions from popping up (including those annoying "Hey, we were trying to build that thing you wanted but hit a snag. Can you go find us a ______?" missions).

If you're worried about losing a group member, building more outposts increases the chances a lost group member will get back safely. A big base like the trucking warehouse will let you have 8 outposts and make it very unlikely to lose someone (but it did lose someone this way in the Breakdown DLC).

As for the 'game keeps going even when I'm not playing' thing, I've never come back to find my game/base/team ruined, and I feel like that issue is overstated by people. Usually it's just a matter of morale being down, and that often happens when you're playing anyway.
#14Surefirepegasus(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 11:37:03 AM
Ghost is only good for updating the Deals of the Week once in awhile. Although lately he's been slipping and forgetting. I wouldn't mind if someone else like myself took over and did it propa'
---
http://bf4stats.com/xbox/SurefirePegasus
#15Mcnugget2256Posted 8/18/2014 11:54:37 AM
glassghost0 posted...
KakkaKarrotKake posted...

Ferals can kill you instantly too I noticed so traveling by yourself without a car is pretty much instant death

And do you not realize who TC is....

Who let you out of your cage?
---
"When you play the game of thrones, you either win or you die"- Cersei
#160ofreako0Posted 8/18/2014 12:29:40 PM
i got it day 1 for $20 and i felt like that was a deal. i still play it nearly every day. the breakdown dlc is really fun.
#17Flare7Posted 8/18/2014 12:38:37 PM
I thought it was absolutely horrible
---
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD
#18molokoPosted 8/18/2014 2:30:33 PM
I thought it had an interesting idea, but I don't understand why so many people think it's so great. It's very buggy and repetitive.
#19SEA_Posted 8/18/2014 3:30:08 PM
great idea completely botched into an obnoxious chore of a game
#202DshmuploverPosted 8/18/2014 4:11:23 PM(edited)
Hell no. It's underrated IMHO. No, it's not perfect but then nor is The Last of Us and that gets so much hype and attention when I found State of Decay to be a far more enjoyable take on the zombie/survival genre and in terms of actual gameplay, more rewarding too. The perma-death mechanic is such a cool feature, the main game just needed to be a bit harder, that's all.

For a small studio like Undead Labs, this new IP bodes really well for the next game, I think it's going to be something pretty special actually.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa