This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you have enjoyed the Assassin's Creed franchise if you could customize....

#1levyjl1988Posted 8/18/2014 8:34:29 AM
Would you have enjoyed the Assassin's Creed franchise if you could customize.... - Results (40 votes)
Yes, I would invest more on my own personal customized character.
25% (10 votes)
I'm indifferent and wouldn't care either way.
45% (18 votes)
No, I would prefer characters that are provided to me from Ubisoft.
30% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Would you have enjoyed the Assassin's Creed franchise if you could customize your character?

Customize character appearance and have the game similar in structure to Mass Effect, Dragon Age?

It seems that more players are more concerning about their own character (toon, avatar) if it's their own rather than a shared character like Batman, Nathan Drake.

In WoW, Diablo 3, Dark Souls, Mass Effect, pretty much a lot of gamers care more about characters they made and invested in customizing than those that are precrafted or made for story purposes and retelling.

Do you think this statement is true?
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/18/2014 8:38:43 AM
I prefer a credible character provided to me by the Creator that has a rich backstory.. To me it seems lazy to have me create my own character.. To me it feels like the company has no ideas if I'm supposed to manufacture my own fun. Edward Kenway was perfect.
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#3BahamutBBobPosted 8/18/2014 8:47:08 AM
I wouldn't care either way about the appearance. Altair and Ezio just looked like Desmond anyway, right down to the scar on their upper lips.

I wouldn't want to customize my character's background like you can in Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I do like a structured story more than a more open story, usually.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#4LightbornePosted 8/18/2014 9:18:55 AM
My biggest problem with ac is thw fact there isn't any real stealth, each game gets a unique weapon but end up very gimmicky. The combat lacks depth, and all the weapons get boring quickly.
---
The most wasted of all days is a day without laughter.
#5Dragon NexusPosted 8/18/2014 9:27:13 AM
For AC, it doesn't matter to me. They're telling a set story with a set character, being able to customise their appearance wouldn't assist in any way
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 8/18/2014 9:51:19 AM(edited)
Yes, definitely. There is nothing compelling about most of the protagonists in AssCreed already, and a character customizer would not require them to change their story at all--you could tell Ezio's (since he's most peoples fav, I'll use him as my example--he isn't my fav, but whatever) story and even project his personality onto literally any user created character and it would be the same game, only I would feel more invested by far.

Edit: and there could still be a default/"iconic" character choice for those that feel like leaving it to Ubi to decide what the protag should look like, similar to Shepard or Hawke in Bioware's games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#7simonbelmont2Posted 8/18/2014 9:48:56 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
For AC, it doesn't matter to me. They're telling a set story with a set character, being able to customise their appearance wouldn't assist in any way

---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#8XeroxicidePosted 8/18/2014 11:25:36 AM
I see no value whatsoever in allowing character customization in AC. You don't have any control at all over the growth and direction in the character, so what difference does customization make?

It makes sense in a game like Mass Effect, where you actually determine (to a degree) the personality and behaviour of your character, to have customization options. If I'm making an evil ******* then it's nice being able to actually make him look evil.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.
#9AltiarLioPosted 8/18/2014 11:30:27 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

---
http://instagram.com/tyronelio# ; You'll Never Walk Alone.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000325-xbox-360-general-social
#10shawnmckPosted 8/18/2014 11:35:28 AM
I would have enjoyed the series if it didn't have that convoluted future time-period nonsense. Just let me play in the past as a stealth character, and not have to deal with that memory of ancestors nonsense.
The break-away plot is what kills the franchise for me, as it destroys any sense of immersion.
But that's just me.