This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it easy to download your games on a new console?

#1BodnerchukPosted 8/20/2014 11:35:06 AM
I'm worried my xbox may die soon and I'm wondering if it's easy to get my downloadable games back. Do I just log in as my gamertag and start downloading on a new xbox? I guess I'm worried it will be a nuisance like on a nintendo console
#2Mr_ShabbsPosted 8/20/2014 11:36:41 AM
Bodnerchuk posted...
I'm worried my xbox may die soon and I'm wondering if it's easy to get my downloadable games back. Do I just log in as my gamertag and start downloading on a new xbox? I guess I'm worried it will be a nuisance like on a nintendo console

Pretty Much, You will also have to do a license transfer on the new system if you want to be able to play the games while not signed into that live profile.
---
-Darkness
#3Bodnerchuk(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:38:18 AM
License transfer ? How do you do that?
#4Mr_ShabbsPosted 8/20/2014 11:41:48 AM
Bodnerchuk posted...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

step 1.you connect your computer to the internet and your new console to xbox live.
step 2. go to the website posted above and do the license transfer on the computer while your console is connected to xbox live.
step 3. redownload all dlc on your new console.
---
-Darkness
#5Mr_ShabbsPosted 8/20/2014 11:43:51 AM
Mr_Shabbs posted...
Bodnerchuk posted...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

step 1.you connect your computer to the internet and your new console to xbox live.
step 2. go to the website posted above and do the license transfer on the computer while your console is connected to xbox live.
step 3. redownload all dlc on your new console.

Sorry grabbed that off an old QnA on here, the link is dead, and the method has changed.

Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

Yes, you can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:

On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
Don't know your gamertag? See Download, move, or delete your Xbox Live profile.
Need to find your Microsoft account? See Find your Microsoft account.
Can't remember the password for your Microsoft account? See Recover your Microsoft account password.
Go to Settings and select Account.
Under Your Billing Options, select License Transfer.
Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.
After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. For information about how to do this, see Download content you’ve previously purchased.
---
-Darkness
#6Mr_ShabbsPosted 8/20/2014 11:44:16 AM
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/download-content

From The Horses Mouth.
---
-Darkness
#7Bodnerchuk(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 11:48:04 AM
Cool, thanks. I'm on my second xbox actually but my first one had nothing downloaded on it.
#8TheGm86Posted 8/20/2014 12:33:05 PM
is your hard dive bolted onto the system?
---
You can't grasp the true form of TheGM's post.
Touch =>HERE<= to touch greatness.
#9Mr_ShabbsPosted 8/20/2014 2:16:46 PM
TheGm86 posted...
is your hard dive bolted onto the system?

No, but when switching hard drives over data can get corrupted (usually if you switch to another system and then back again to the first, everything will be corrupted). And that still does not transfer the license to that Xbox console.
---
-Darkness