This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 4GB = $200, Xbox 360 500GB HDD = $110, PS3 2TB HDD = $120

#11AmandaDanielPosted 8/21/2014 9:25:55 AM
"Or you could just have MS repair it for you."

For $99 plus tax.

Sure, a hundred bucks is a GREAT option.
#12Super CreaturesPosted 8/21/2014 11:18:24 AM
AmandaDaniel posted...
"Or you could just have MS repair it for you."

For $99 plus tax.

Sure, a hundred bucks is a GREAT option.

Considering you would typically have to pay twice that to buy a new console, it is the cheaper option, which makes it the better option.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 8/21/2014 11:26:11 AM
Jedi454 posted...
I don't understand why they just don't allow external hard drive support like the Xbox One. It's greed.

There's still a chance. Who thought they'd release a 500GB drive this late in 360s life? And as us Zune owners know, MS supported OG Zune with firmware updates long after it made commercial sense to. Hell, I'm shocked my current Lumia 520 (which is so budget I got for free basically even without a contract) updated to the newest WP version without issue. I could see unlocking the external drive limits as a sort of last update thank you deal from MS (even if it was an arbitrary limit to begin with).
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#14googlerPosted 8/21/2014 11:45:27 AM
Its just lame. While the costs are obviously bloated for the HDDs maybe they wont be so mass-produced as to offset the cost enough although I'm sure they're just trying to have their cake and eat it too.
The 360 needs a price drop immediately. Sales have been really winding down the last few months and on top of that PS3 finally begs usurping them a long time ago. Everyone that really wanted one already has one so for those that are left, that price point isn't going to bring in anyone
#15EternalWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2014 2:10:28 PM
glassghost0 posted...
EternalWolf posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Because that hard drive is put out by Sony and made just for the PS3....

Yes. PS3s are shipped with Seagate HDDs and that is indeed a Seagate HDD.

no

No what? PS3 uses Seagate Hard Drives, the exact same ones that you can buy for PC. Microsoft repackages Hard Drives, probably Seagate, Western Digital or some other manufacturer, and labels them as Microsoft brand drives. It is no different then what a lot of brands do with PC hardware, Corsair Power Supplies are sold under various different brands as well as Corsair themselves.

There is no such thing as a HDD or SSD made just for the PS3 nor is there for the 360. HDDs and SSDs are universal hardware, they do not run better on one platform or the other. The only difference is Microsoft adds firmware restrictions forcing you to buy only the drives they sell.
#16AmandaDanielPosted 8/21/2014 3:12:05 PM
"Considering you would typically have to pay twice that to buy a new console"

How is that a "better" anything? That's like saying being poked in the left eye is better than being poked in the right eye.

Just because one terrible thing is less costly than another terrible thing doesn't make the first terrible thing not terrible.
#17JrTapia1991Posted 8/22/2014 4:17:59 AM
Wow that's pricy...You can get a regular 1tb hdd for like 50-60 bucks on amazon. I'm sure there will be a cheap 3rd party one made though just like they've had other sizes for years now though. No way I'd get it for 110. I've been wanting a slim for awhile though for the wifi...and the old wifi adapter is pricy, I feel so ghetto having mine hooked up via bridged connection to my desktop now to get online.
---
3570k@4.2ghz|Z77 Asrock Extreme4m|Sapphire HD7950 boost|16gb ram 1333mhz|840 250gb SSD|1tb/2tb 7200 HDDs|Corsair HX750w|Asus 1080p 2ms|G400|CM Elite 430