This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disc cleaning tips please.

#1drdweebPosted 8/21/2014 7:45:28 AM
My Titan Fall disc will not read in drive, but all my others games do. Suggestions please.

Thanks
#2vashkeyPosted 8/21/2014 8:25:30 AM
Toothpaste. I'm not kidding. Just spread it on the disc and clean it off with water thoroughly If that doesn't work there are probably scratches on the disc. Cleaning the disc wont fix that.
#3Prince EnixPosted 8/21/2014 8:29:22 AM
I find that with discs that read unreliably (usually used games), installing them helps a lot.

Obviously, this won't help you if you can't ever get the disc to read, but if you can, the first thing I'd do is install it.
---
Simia simia est, etiamsi aurea gestet insignia.
Fallaces sunt rerum species.
#4kst8erPosted 8/21/2014 8:51:15 AM
unfortunately you cannot install titanfall
---
"Urination when excited can be a long term problem" -- vigorm0rtis
#5Dragon NexusPosted 8/21/2014 9:57:50 AM
vashkey posted...
Toothpaste. I'm not kidding. Just spread it on the disc and clean it off with water thoroughly If that doesn't work there are probably scratches on the disc. Cleaning the disc wont fix that.

That's good for scratches, but not general maintenance. It also depends on the toothpaste, some are too abrasive for disks.

Also it should be noted that you use only a little bit, don't slather the disk in it, and you wipe from the center to the outer edge in a straight line, do not make circular motions.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#6fiasco86Posted 8/21/2014 10:02:31 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
vashkey posted...

That's good for scratches, but not general maintenance. It also depends on the toothpaste, some are too abrasive for disks.

Also it should be noted that you use only a little bit, don't slather the disk in it, and you wipe from the center to the outer edge in a straight line, do not make circular motions.

Yep, toothpaste works. Follow Dragon's advice or google it.
---
Watch the Summer of Co-op! http://www.youtube.com/vgfiasco
#7Kurgan777Posted 8/21/2014 11:26:38 AM
Toothpaste is stupid, it only causes MORE scratches because it's an ABRASIVE substance.

You'd be far better off not touching the bottom of the discs at all, treat them like people used to treat Vinyl Records, never touch them anywhere but the edges or the middle.

If you need to clean fingerprints off, use a true shamois cloth, get one cheap at any eyeglass store. The "microfiber" cloths only hold dirt and create more micro scratches.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#8mystery323xPosted 8/21/2014 12:00:56 PM(edited)
One time my Star Ocean Disc 2 wasnt loading so I looked online. Mayonnaise is what I found to try and it made the game work after using... I hate Mayo too, the smell of it is disgusting to me but it worked.

Also a used game store near me used to suggest a tiny bit of furniture polish.

These were only for games with scrathes that weren't working not General maintenance. Only temporary fix.
#9googlerPosted 8/21/2014 12:38:36 PM
Start by getting some soap and pulling back the foresk-...oh, that says disc
#10beautifuldreamsPosted 8/21/2014 1:25:42 PM
spit and a clean t-shirt
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~