This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Party chat really should be disabled in multiplayer games

#1pcmike2Posted 8/24/2014 12:40:10 PM
Disabling it prevents people from taking multiplayer games lightly, forcing them to work with teammates and not spoil the experience for others.

There's the argument that people "don't want to talk to 12 year olds", but no one really experiences lobbies where every player is a 12 year old, that's an exaggeration. There are a lot of friendly gamers willing to communicate to win.

Also the argument "I want to talk to my friends, not random online people", though that spoils the experience for people like myself who have friends that don't play online, cause I can't talk with my teammates. It's also strange when people in a party chat play different games, cause if they're really friends, why not all play the same game together?
#2xlinerPosted 8/24/2014 12:50:07 PM
pcmike2 posted...
Also the argument "I want to talk to my friends, not random online people", though that spoils the experience for people like myself who have friends that don't play online, cause I can't talk with my teammates.

Deal with it.

It's also strange when people in a party chat play different games, cause if they're really friends, why not all play the same game together?

Stupidest post of the day award goes to you.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/xliner http://i.imgur.com/qIEU6hN.png
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED | http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#3IChangedMyNamePosted 8/24/2014 12:57:39 PM
I agree.

If your going to play a team based game, get the hell out of party chat.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#4GorillaInHoagiePosted 8/24/2014 1:02:10 PM
The annoying children, as annoying as they are, have been much less annoying than the annoying adults.
---
"And before anyone asks, yes, I have been shot before" - gabrius
#5pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 1:02:16 PM
xliner posted...
pcmike2 posted...
Also the argument "I want to talk to my friends, not random online people", though that spoils the experience for people like myself who have friends that don't play online, cause I can't talk with my teammates.

Deal with it.

It's also strange when people in a party chat play different games, cause if they're really friends, why not all play the same game together?

Stupidest post of the day award goes to you.

Wow, such effort in countering my arguments!

You certainly opened my eyes!

Smartest day of the post goes to you!

No it doesn't
#6JetblackmoonPosted 8/24/2014 1:15:19 PM
Even when they did this in a few games, I ended up just muting everyone anyway. It's not a good idea, because you simply can't force people to communicate or work together as a team. They're either team players or they're not.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#7MabusIncarnatePosted 8/24/2014 1:35:06 PM
This pretty much eliminates the need for party chat entirely, which makes zero sense. The moron randoms that ruin online gaming are the ones that play objective based game modes and hang far back to camp and try to pick people off and give zero care about the objective. These non-team players, if you get enough of them in a game together, will ruin your chances of winning. The are playing alone because when you play like a d-bag no one wants to team up with you and play games together.

For every one friendly, helpful random in a multiplayer game wanting to work as a team, there are a dozen that are irritating, loud, obnoxious, and just want to trash talk.

Dark Souls doesn't even allow for communication with the person you summon in to assist you at all, not in party chat or game chat, yet you find people that you can work as a team with perfectly fine without the need to say a word.

Regardless, this concept would never happen, because it defeats the purpose of party chat altogether and is really just a bad idea. +1 for a somewhat original thread though to the TC.
#8SeekAndDestroy2Posted 8/24/2014 1:35:18 PM
It's the people like you trying to get rid of party chat that ruin certain online games. You complain about it so then they make it like MW2 where you HAVE to be in game chat when you play online, and then everyone starts complaining about that and how stupid of a rule it is and they start using private chat instead.

You don't know what you are talking about, just leave party chat the way it is now. It works that way. People don't always want to have to communicate with idiot randoms. No one ever complimented a game for removing said feature but they sure as hell do complain about removing it, and rightfully so.
---
We're living at the mercy of the pain and the fear,
Until we dead it, forget it, let it all disappear.
#9frater_davidPosted 8/24/2014 1:49:42 PM
Yes, because I love it when people with kinects come in where I can hear their TVs and everything in their house sounds like it's underwater. I also love the people that play their crappy music into their mics. I can't forget about the people that cry about everything, sore losers/winners, trash talkers, random d-bags and just plain whiners. You can keep your crys of "You're stealin my kill dawg!" and "Quit block spamming!" just keep us out.
#10Kurgan777Posted 8/24/2014 1:52:50 PM
pcmike2 posted...
Disabling it prevents people from taking multiplayer games lightly, forcing them to work with teammates and not spoil the experience for others.

There's the argument that people "don't want to talk to 12 year olds", but no one really experiences lobbies where every player is a 12 year old, that's an exaggeration. There are a lot of friendly gamers willing to communicate to win.

Also the argument "I want to talk to my friends, not random online people", though that spoils the experience for people like myself who have friends that don't play online, cause I can't talk with my teammates. It's also strange when people in a party chat play different games, cause if they're really friends, why not all play the same game together?

Disabling party chat and forcing everybody onto the same "network" for voice chat is a monumentally STUPID thing to do if you want any teamwork to happen at all.

It's not exactly a good thing for the other team to hear every plan of attack that's about to be used against them.

One team in one party, the other team in another party, teamwork happens and neither team gets wise to what's about to happen.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !