This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Party chat really should be disabled in multiplayer games

#21vigorm0rtisPosted 8/24/2014 4:08:46 PM
No.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#22SeekAndDestroy2Posted 8/24/2014 4:08:57 PM
TC invite randoms you play with to a party when you are in the lobby and communicate there. It's better that way and people join more often than you might think because if they do have a mic they will most likely join. Parties rule.
---
We're living at the mercy of the pain and the fear,
Until we dead it, forget it, let it all disappear.
#23supermegabloxPosted 8/24/2014 4:23:08 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
I agree.

If your going to play a team based game, get the hell out of party chat.

---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#24smashthesmurfsPosted 8/24/2014 4:31:32 PM
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
TC invite randoms you play with to a party when you are in the lobby and communicate there. It's better that way and people join more often than you might think because if they do have a mic they will most likely join. Parties rule.

---
GT: papa cashwads
#25Imn0tleB0W5kiPosted 8/24/2014 4:43:00 PM
supermegablox posted...
IChangedMyName posted...
I agree.

If your going to play a team based game, get the hell out of party chat.

I have a mic but its broken, so should I just never play multiplayer games ever again? In my case I mute the in-game chat because it comes through speakers & drowns out the game.
---
Blood makes us related, Loyalty makes us family.
#26AltiarLioPosted 8/24/2014 4:45:04 PM
It's also strange when people in a party chat play different games, cause if they're really friends, why not all play the same game together?

This is what we do most of the time, because albeit to your belief, friends aren't one hive mind and we like different things...
---
http://instagram.com/tyronelio# ; You'll Never Walk Alone.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000325-xbox-360-general-social
#27GeneralKenobi85Posted 8/24/2014 4:50:52 PM
I can only enjoy playing games online with friends anyway.

Probably the best way to appeal to both sides is ban party chat for ranked play and allow it for social play, like some games do already.

But I'd rather keep party chat overall. I have no desire to talk to randoms.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#28pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 5:00:24 PM
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...

That is what I do. Usually in games where I find good randoms, I team up with them. But we don't go in party chat, we stay in game chat, so that if we find other randoms on our team, we can talk with them.
#29pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 5:01:58 PM
MabusIncarnate posted...
The "Fact" was in reference to the fact, which is a fact, that party chat didn't exist on the original xbox.

There is no gamer dreamworld that players everywhere will unite and play as one big organized unit if they disabled party chat. People will still be inconsiderate and use their kinect as a mic so you can hear babies screaming and their family having conversations. There will still be squeaky voiced children playing mature games that you are supposed to be 17 to play but their parents use the xbox as a babysitter and have no concern over what they are playing or doing on xbox live.

Different people have different tolerance levels, I likely will never mic up in random gameplay again because it's truly that miserable of an experience 90% of the time, I have to stop in the middle of the game and mute the multiple annoyances, normally getting me killed once or twice in a session.

Most importantly, doesn't PS3 have no party chat system at all? There are options if you would rather play that way. If you want it gone that bad, play the other console where it isn't offered. It's like going to a used car dealer, and you have the option of roll down windows or power windows on the car for the same price, picking the car with the roll down windows and then complaining that it doesn't have power windows when you bring it home. Buy the other option, that's why options exist.

The concept makes no sense, Microsoft won't be removing it, so debating it is pointless.

Pshh, like I'm going to get a ps3 because of no party chat. I like the exclusives on 360 better.

Also, if people don't want to talk to randoms, that's fine, but without party chat, they can hear the callouts randoms make to their team.
#30DxZ99Posted 8/24/2014 5:17:44 PM
Many devs have tried to force ''teamwork'' onto they're customers by omitting common features. A prime example would be Ubisoft making Guerrilla mode in Ghost Recon: FS non-matchmaking; in pursuit of ''teamwork friendly''. Look how fast that game died off.

Haven't kept up with Destiny since they announced the end-game raids would be non-matchmaking as well. Wonder how that will end for them.
---
''I couldn't help but notice your pain!''
''It runs deep, share it with me!''