This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone play Risen 3?

#1vigorm0rtisPosted 8/30/2014 4:27:34 PM
Opinions? The board is kind of dead already, so I suspect that's not good.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#2ComradeRyanPosted 8/30/2014 6:21:31 PM
I am definitely going to purchase Risen 3: Titan Lords when the price drops down to $20.00 USD.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#3rjsilverthornPosted 8/30/2014 6:50:36 PM
It is taking a beating on Metacritic with user reviews. Most of the issues I saw seemed to be technical, so maybe wait for a patch or two. Shame since I've been really enjoying the first game.
#4darkness1018Posted 8/30/2014 11:55:28 PM
I did on PS3. Took it back the next day. I did somewhat enjoy Risen 2 but did not like 3.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, Original Xbox, XB1
#5Jedi454Posted 8/31/2014 12:03:47 AM
I am definitely going to purchase Risen 3: Titan Lords when the price drops down to $2.00 USD.
#6MabusIncarnatePosted 8/31/2014 12:12:41 AM
Jedi454 posted...
I am definitely going to purchase Risen 3: Titan Lords when the price drops down to $2.00 USD.

---
LetsGoWings.com Detroit Red Wings Fan Site Moderator - LeagueGaming.com NHL 14 General Manager of the CHL Kootenay Ice
#7pots555Posted 8/31/2014 5:18:52 AM
I have it and it's a blast. If you like the second one, you know what your in for. Great explorations, fun dialogues, tons of sidequests and stuff to find. Really good game in my opinion.
---
Playing: Risen 3, Diablo III and Dark Souls 2.
#8AltiarLioPosted 8/31/2014 5:22:46 AM
MabusIncarnate posted...
Jedi454 posted...

---
http://instagram.com/tyronelio# ; You'll Never Walk Alone.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000325-xbox-360-general-social
#9Dark_SpiretPosted 8/31/2014 5:42:27 AM
no idea on performance (played on pc), but i rather liked the game itself.

first things first this IS a euro rpg so expect a certain large amount of jankyness to it. sound might not sync well while other times it cuts out. animations arnt the greatest and can tend to glitch up. lip synching not good. VO is overall OK, but theres definitely some poor work there(namely from the protagonist). Combat also starts out horribly. really floaty with some questionable animations and hit detections. The story and characters are also not that good. A lot of the environments and assets are also pretty copy pasted from Risen 2 which is unfortunate.

that said the combat gets substantially better once you actually learn how it works and learn new skills and abilities and when to watch the animations of enemies(admittedly though it is REALLY sloppy when you first start out and very difficult. expect the first several hours to test your patience and having to use any companions as a meat shield). The game is surprisingly devoid of generic mmo quests and tends to have those be hidden so you do them ontop of the quest you go for anyway. Some of the quest givers have hilarious personalities and in general theres a certain quirkyness here thats refreshing(like having a philosophical conversation with a parrot, seeing a gnome "pirate" say the f-word every other word). The game has a nice sense of exploration with something hidden in pretty much every corner of the map.

The game also has 3 unique factions to join which arnt just dictated by skills, but have there own unique quest lines and characters that you cant see by joining the others. id probably say you can only see roughly 70% of the game otherwise unless you restart and join another faction and see their content. And each one tends ot play quite a bit differently. lastly theres a decent amount of content here. on top of the factions giving it some replay value theres a ton of quests to take up and a lot of side professions to get into of which you cant realy be a jack of all trades. easily a good 35-40hours of content there if you want to go for it.

at the end of the day i felt it was an enjoyable game. its definitely heavily flawed, but it has its own charms if youre willing to get past its rough starting segments and can over look its jank.
---
Currently playing: Risen 3 - FTL - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
#10rjsilverthornPosted 8/31/2014 7:09:37 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
no idea on performance (played on pc), but i rather liked the game itself.

first things first this IS a euro rpg so expect a certain large amount of jankyness to it. sound might not sync well while other times it cuts out. animations arnt the greatest and can tend to glitch up. lip synching not good. VO is overall OK, but theres definitely some poor work there(namely from the protagonist). Combat also starts out horribly. really floaty with some questionable animations and hit detections. The story and characters are also not that good. A lot of the environments and assets are also pretty copy pasted from Risen 2 which is unfortunate.

that said the combat gets substantially better once you actually learn how it works and learn new skills and abilities and when to watch the animations of enemies(admittedly though it is REALLY sloppy when you first start out and very difficult. expect the first several hours to test your patience and having to use any companions as a meat shield). The game is surprisingly devoid of generic mmo quests and tends to have those be hidden so you do them ontop of the quest you go for anyway. Some of the quest givers have hilarious personalities and in general theres a certain quirkyness here thats refreshing(like having a philosophical conversation with a parrot, seeing a gnome "pirate" say the f-word every other word). The game has a nice sense of exploration with something hidden in pretty much every corner of the map.

The game also has 3 unique factions to join which arnt just dictated by skills, but have there own unique quest lines and characters that you cant see by joining the others. id probably say you can only see roughly 70% of the game otherwise unless you restart and join another faction and see their content. And each one tends ot play quite a bit differently. lastly theres a decent amount of content here. on top of the factions giving it some replay value theres a ton of quests to take up and a lot of side professions to get into of which you cant realy be a jack of all trades. easily a good 35-40hours of content there if you want to go for it.

at the end of the day i felt it was an enjoyable game. its definitely heavily flawed, but it has its own charms if youre willing to get past its rough starting segments and can over look its jank.

So sounds a lot like the first one then.