This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About the game Wet...

#1thatauthorPosted 8/31/2014 2:15:27 AM
I played the demo for it. It seems like an 80's action version of Vanquish. How is it?
---
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
#2MabusIncarnatePosted 8/31/2014 3:14:30 AM
Kind of reminded me of a Kill Bill meets Stranglehold kind of game. It was good, not excellent, but worth the play through.
---
LetsGoWings.com Detroit Red Wings Fan Site Moderator - LeagueGaming.com NHL 14 General Manager of the CHL Kootenay Ice
#3electrolyzerPosted 8/31/2014 3:14:58 AM
I quite liked it.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 8/31/2014 3:23:29 AM
Visuals are rough, boss battles are all QTEs, but that aside, it's a good game. One of the best licensed soundtracks last gen.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#5TLR_Posted 8/31/2014 3:47:37 AM(edited)
I loved the demo when it first came out, but there was a stark contrast between that and how it feels to play the whole game. I just recently decided I wanted to own and finish wet and there were some definite shortcomings that made my opinion drop from thinking this was great to thinking it's simply okay.

Jumping mechanics are off, there are some nasty glitches that will happen at the most inconvenient times, level design can get to be frustrating, they regurgitate special level types that only need to be seen once, but the worst offender was the mini games they force down your throat. Those don't keep the game fresh, and since they managed to have a robust enough skillset such that the constant slo-mo didn't annoy me, the mini games would've been better tucked away in some extras menu.

Soundtrack is wonderful, cast and action is campy in a good way, and Rubi's rage mode never gets old. Do expect to replay the game though, because you'll have to in order to see a real ending.

Not a horrible game by any means, but I've seen better.
---
Windows 8 is superior to Windows 7, LEARN THE FACTS!
http://verytechnical.wordpress.com/2013/07/05/the-truth-about-windows-8/
#6jayman1305Posted 8/31/2014 7:54:57 AM
@TLR

Great mini-review. Did you major in English Lit? I like your writing style, friend.

I have a couple of game reviews in Amazon, but they are not anywhere near the quality writing you produced here.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#7BlueJester007Posted 8/31/2014 8:25:41 AM(edited)
jayman1305 posted...
Did you major in English Lit?

TLR_ posted...
I just recently decided I wanted to own and finish wet (capitalize names) (put a comma before the conjunction for two independent clauses) and there were some definite shortcomings that made my opinion drop from thinking this was great to thinking it's simply okay.

Jumping mechanics are off, (comma splice - need a semicolon, a comma and conjunction or just put a period, and start a new sentence) there are some nasty glitches that will happen at the most inconvenient times, (another comma splice) level design can get to be frustrating, (another comma splice) they regurgitate special level types that only need to be seen once, but the worst offender was the mini games they force down your throat. Those don't keep the game fresh, and since they managed to have a robust enough skillset such that the constant slo-mo didn't annoy me, the mini games would've been better tucked away in some extras menu.

Soundtrack is wonderful, (another comma splice) cast and action is campy in a good way, and Rubi's rage mode never gets old. Do expect to replay the game though, because you'll have to in order to see a real ending.

Not a horrible game by any means, but I've seen better.

No. He did not major in English. I didn't either, so I may have missed some things.
But grammatical mistakes aside, it was a pretty good review.
---
We get to the end of the hallway and take a f***in' s***!
#8CollegeDevilPosted 8/31/2014 8:31:24 AM
^
*slow clap*
---
Zero Stones! Zero Crates!
#9etymologistPosted 8/31/2014 8:39:12 AM
While I agree that it could have been tweaked for grammar, one of your points is off, BlueJester007. In the second and third paragraphs his comma usage is not inappropriate, though it is a poor choice of punctuation for his purposes. He is creating a list of items and needs those commas to differentiate them. Those items are NOT complete thoughts that stand on their own in this context and would sound repetitious if made into individual sentences:

The jumping mechanics are off. There are some nasty glitches. The level design is frustrating.

[It just puts the reader to sleep to hear short, choppy sentences like this.]

However a better choice for a list of lengthy clauses would have been a semicolon. In addition, the 'but' that ends the list throws things off a bit. He should have ended the list with an 'and' and then started the next point with 'However.'
---
If it's a polite English word, it's probably French-based. If it's rude/graphic, it's likely Germanic.
#10BlueJester007Posted 8/31/2014 9:04:08 AM(edited)
etymologist posted...
[It just puts the reader to sleep to hear short, choppy sentences like this.]

Which is why I said to use a semicolon. Honestly, choosing to start new sentences every time you have an independent clause is the worst way to go, but it is still grammatically correct. You may sound like a robot, but at least you're a robot that knows the rules of writing.

However a better choice for a list of lengthy clauses would have been a semicolon.

Yes. It would have been a better choice. It is amazing to me how many people abuse commas when all they really need is a semicolon.

In addition, the 'but' that ends the list throws things off a bit. He should have ended the list with an 'and' and then started the next point with 'However.'

It did sound weird to me, but I didn't see anything really wrong with it. Like I said, I probably missed a few mistakes.
But again, despite the mistakes, it was a pretty good review of the game.
---
We get to the end of the hallway and take a f***in' s***!