This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

State of Decay DLC opinions?

#1SheepinatorPosted 9/1/2014 12:29:50 PM
I see they're on sale, last day today. I have the game from a previous sale but haven't played it yet. All I played was the demo.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#2silver_stonerPosted 9/1/2014 12:47:52 PM
Google it!
---
someone (woman) got offended by my signature, and they got it removed by the mods.
#3darkharePosted 9/1/2014 1:02:55 PM
why would you want to buy dlc for a game you havent even played? if your wanting to throw money away then just give it to me..
---
[obnoxious period]
#4TwoNumbThumbsPosted 9/1/2014 1:04:50 PM
I m skipping them. There is going to be a new version of SoD on X1, 1080p, including both DLCs.

Come again, you bought the game and only played the demo? I ran through the game in 10-15 hours doing story progression. Never found the time/motvation/interest to fully play the game.
---
Sent from my iPad mini via PowerFAQs
Fates Forever
#5zommbiePosted 9/1/2014 1:25:45 PM
2 for the price of 1 is a steal breakdown is like newgame++++++(etc) never ends unless you die and for lifeline basicly def vs hordes of zombies worth the 20$ i spent
---
[::[_]::] Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black
[+[_]::] Currently Playing- World of Warcraft
#6Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 1:32:33 PM
darkhare posted...
why would you want to buy dlc for a game you havent even played? if your wanting to throw money away then just give it to me..

As I said, I played the demo and usually 50% off is a good discount on Live. I can take a chance on them now or decide later that I do want them, but they might not be on sale again for ages.
---
#7Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 1:36:33 PM
TwoNumbThumbs posted...
I m skipping them. There is going to be a new version of SoD on X1, 1080p, including both DLCs.

Good plan for you. I went PS4 and it looks unlikely to ever appear there.
---
#8JetblackmoonPosted 9/1/2014 2:24:59 PM
Breakdown is more of a survival scenario, where it gets progressively harder as it goes along. It never actually ends unless your group is wiped out. Lifeline does have an ending point, and is set in a different area than the main game/Breakdown. If you liked the demo, an extra $7 for both DLCs won't hurt.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#9Big FanPosted 9/1/2014 7:31:02 PM
Sheepinator posted...
TwoNumbThumbs posted...

Good plan for you. I went PS4 and it looks unlikely to ever appear there.

Thought about getting the DLC til I heard about the X1 version. I'll hold off til then. Also it won't appear on PS4 as MS funded SoD and I believe owns the IP for the sequel
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#10Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2014 8:07:04 PM
I decided in the end to play the core game whenever I get around to it, could be months from now, and if I want more SoD, and if the dlc is on sale again, maybe get it then.

Lifeline looks more appealing than Breakdown though. I like games to have a win condition, and it sounds like with Breakdown you're guaranteed to fail.
---