This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I heard you can play your Steam games on PS3

#1ChaosInvokerPosted 8/29/2011 1:47:56 PM
I have Steam on my computer and I just got a PS3 last week because of the price cut.

My friend told me I could play the games I have on Steam using my PS3 (which I'd prefer over using my laptop. It can't run the games smoothly due to it's out of date graphics card).

First of all is it legal to put Steam onto my PS3?
If it is, then how do I do it without the Portal 2 game? (I keep hearing online that you need that game to put Steam on a PS3, but if there's another way I'd rather not buy a game I might not enjoy if I don't need to. Although if there's no way around it, then I could go get the game, I hear it's dropped in price and it does have a pretty unique concept).

Thanks!
---
[ ;; [__] ;; ] * (BANG) * (+o' [___] ' ::)
[ + [__] :: ] {clash of the pocket size toys}
#2mancow53Posted 8/29/2011 1:52:48 PM(edited)
your friend lied to you. with portal 2 you can play online (with the ps3 version) against people who have the pc version. thats the extent of it
---
I have so many collections, the doctors told me that I couldn't collect people anymore, only their personalities and memories. So I have that going for me.
#3zyrax2301Posted 8/29/2011 1:50:34 PM
lol

Dumb and/or lying friends are awesome.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4ChaosInvoker(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 2:29:31 PM(edited)
T.T

Well at least I'll stop searching for a way to do something that was never a possibility.
---
[ ;; [__] ;; ] * (BANG) * (+o' [___] ' ::)
[ + [__] :: ] {clash of the pocket size toys}
#5justchill433Posted 8/29/2011 2:29:25 PM
Not exactly. The other posters in this topic are dumb. If you bought the PS3 version you would also get the PC version for free. I expect that Valve will do it with future releases like the new Counterstrike.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#6clydekimhomePosted 8/29/2011 2:31:43 PM
justchill433 posted...
Not exactly. The other posters in this topic are dumb. If you bought the PS3 version you would also get the PC version for free. I expect that Valve will do it with future releases like the new Counterstrike.

Don't call people dumb when you have zero reading comprehension yourself. He wasn't asking about portal, he was asking about the other games on steam.
---
PSN- Jdudley15479
Currently playing: Borderlands; TW2; NGS2
#7Iceberg73ePosted 8/29/2011 2:33:17 PM
justchill433 posted...

Again it still comes to the point that you can't put Steam on the PS3. So I don't think you should be calling anyone dumb.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#8richierhPosted 8/29/2011 2:36:23 PM
Hmm. I don't know if Modded games will be available on the PS3 Stream. I'm sure Valve got something in mind after they admitted they can work with the PS3 unlike before.
#9justchill433Posted 8/29/2011 2:39:19 PM
clydekimhome posted...
justchill433 posted...

Don't call people dumb when you have zero reading comprehension yourself. He wasn't asking about portal, he was asking about the other games on steam.

His friend didn't exactly lie. You can play your Steam games on your PS3 like his friend said. They have to be on the PS3 too (Portal 2 is the only one right now) so TC probably just misinterpreted what his friend. Mancow is spreading misinformation and Zyrax said the friend is dumb when the friend is right.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#10Iceberg73ePosted 8/29/2011 2:43:44 PM
It's still not your Steam games. First off, it's one game. Secondly, the game isn't coming from Steam. It's like just calling all there other games that just happen to be on steam and calling them Steam games if you put the disc in your PS3.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios