This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So whats the benefits of doing Playstation Plus, and how much does it cost?

#1zerooo0Posted 3/4/2012 1:57:42 PM
Topic
Thinking about doing it since people that have it get some stuff earlier.If I where to join now would I get any games for free or something? Any information about it would be much appreciated. Also to anybody that has it, do ya regret it or not?
---
Not changing sig till StarWars battlefront3 is announced started 11/27/11
#2iDoneGotUPosted 3/4/2012 2:02:12 PM
if you own a PS3...Why not just check Google...

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

Buy 12 Months

Just over $4/month.
Get a year of Plus for $49.99.
Buy 3 Months

Just over $6/month.
Get 3 months of Plus for $17.99.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 2:08:58 PM
I did I just wanted some personal opinions on what people thought of it.
---
#4iDoneGotUPosted 3/4/2012 2:10:48 PM
zerooo0 posted...
I did I just wanted some personal opinions on what people thought of it.

Well I don't have it, but a significant amount of my PSN friends don't have it. If you really want discounts and free stuff then use it, otherwise don't.
#5fire2boxPosted 3/4/2012 2:14:09 PM
it's pretty good.

Got Farycry 2, The simpon's arcade game, swords and soldiers, Crash 1-3, Crash team racing, Sypro 1-3, early access to starhawk's beta. and a handful of other games like tomb raider underworld.

The price is worth it and some months are better then others. However my PS+ sub is good til oct or nov 2013. Managed to get 1 year PS+ cards from target for 14.39 or so after a misprint in their ad's.
---
"If you find something that you feel you belong to, become a groupie and a fan, and then a critic." Starlee Kine
#6PudgewahPosted 3/4/2012 2:16:37 PM
I really like playstation plus, but I always do 3 month subscriptions because I already have some of the games that they give away for free. I let my subscription run out when there is nothing that I want, then resubscribe later when there free games that I really want. The playstation plus exclusive discounts are nice, like getting Resident Evil 4 for half off the week it came out.
#7Wiiplayer111Posted 3/4/2012 2:18:50 PM
Its like $4 a month. And between discounts and free items you get a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff in that month.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
A mod couldn't disprove my logic, so he removed the dispute button.
#8zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 2:22:47 PM(edited)
Sounds good.Do I just do it like how I do my Xbox Live, and buy a card and type the code in for it?

Edit: Also is FarCry2 still available for free, or was that just a 1month deal?
---
#9yearisyesterdayPosted 3/4/2012 2:44:17 PM
Far Cry 2 was only a week thing, for Valentine's Day.

Yes, you can get prepaid plus cards, or you can pay for it with PSN cards.

If I were you, I'd look at the game on offer for february, which are still on the store until this next update. If they look good to you, get Plus now so you can download them before they disappear (free games disappear at the end of the month). After you've downloaded them once, you can do so again for free as long as you have Plus.
---
Check out my LittleBigPlanet levels at http://lbp.me/u/pengi2dave88/levels, and my Interactive Fiction at http://tinyurl.com/ifdb-b-a-c.
#10PudgewahPosted 3/4/2012 2:49:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]