This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do i have to be connected to PSN to play playstation plus games?

#1IceyflamePosted 6/10/2012 8:58:10 AM
While im still subscribed to playstation plus will i have to be signed into PSN in order to play the PS+ games

I imagine so but thought i would go ahead and ask anyway just in case
#2EoinPosted 6/10/2012 8:59:30 AM
No.
#3Iceyflame(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 9:06:17 AM
Alright so as long as my subscription is still going i dont have to be actively online in order to play the PS+ games?
#4FlipManV3Posted 6/10/2012 9:09:05 AM
Yes, the game downloads with the expiration.
-
---
Blue, yellow, pink, whatever, man, just keep bringing me that.
#5rahmed51387Posted 6/10/2012 9:26:21 AM
Actually, Yes and No, depending on the game. Certain games have DRM, which basically checks to see if your version is authentic by verifying your credentials while signed on. Not too many PSN titles do this, but there are a few. Final Fight: Double Impact I know for sure is one.

But for the majority, you don't have to be online to play the title.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#6EoinPosted 6/10/2012 11:40:04 AM
rahmed51387 posted...
Actually, Yes and No, depending on the game. Certain games have DRM, which basically checks to see if your version is authentic by verifying your credentials while signed on. Not too many PSN titles do this, but there are a few. Final Fight: Double Impact I know for sure is one.

But for the majority, you don't have to be online to play the title.

The topic is specifically about PlayStation Plus games though, none of which I recall ever having that type of DRM.
#7DemonDog666Posted 6/10/2012 11:45:42 AM
Eoin posted...
The topic is specifically about PlayStation Plus games though, none of which I recall ever having that type of DRM.

A few games do but they have it whether you get them through psn+ or just buy them so I think it's irrelevant to his question. Elemental Monster Online is one of the games that you need to be on the net to play, even the single player mode, though that's because it's only a buck and uses a free to play model (even though it's a buck) where you buy cards or tickets online to play other people (you can get tickets for free through tournaments and tournaments are free and there is a single player mode)
#8FlipManV3Posted 6/10/2012 11:48:03 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
A few games do but they have it whether you get them through psn+ or just buy them so I think it's irrelevant to his question. Elemental Monster Online is one of the games that you need to be on the net to play, even the single player mode, though that's because it's only a buck and uses a free to play model (even though it's a buck) where you buy cards or tickets online to play other people (you can get tickets for free through tournaments and tournaments are free and there is a single player mode)

I think his point was that no PS+ games have ever had a game that contained DRM so that point in itself is irrelevant to his question to begin with.

The very, very, very few games that do aren't even worth mentioning.
-
---
Blue, yellow, pink, whatever, man, just keep bringing me that.