This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Skyrim will be bigger than Just Cause 2?

#11xHOJUxPosted 7/8/2011 5:47:45 PM
Skyrim won't be anywhere near the size of Just Cause 2. I just played that game again the other day since I just picked up all the DLC on sale on Steam, and even after the 60+ hours I've played that game there are tons of undiscovered locations on my map.

Skyrim doesn't need to be that big though, I think they are going to have a great world with everything being hand crafted this time.
---
PSN-HOJUX
XBL-HOJUX
#12archizzyPosted 7/8/2011 5:54:05 PM
The weird thing is looking at that comparison chart and seeing how small they show Oblivion/Fallout/GTA maps.

I have never thought of those games as being ginormous but they never seemed THAT small compared to JC2. I always knew JC2 felt big but never seemed that far out of context compared to Oblivion.

The more impressive thing to me about JC2 was while the size was big when you added in all of the physics, free falling, parachuting, gliding, swimming, driving, and all of that stuff how smooth the game actually ran.

It impressed me with how few glitches/bugs I ran into while keeping a pretty solid frame rate and running so smooth to me. For a game of that size it had a nice immersive feel to it while running solid.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#13TheCyborgNinjaPosted 7/8/2011 6:04:47 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
Just Cause 2 has the largest open world map of any game ever made so far

learn your facts...Fuel has by far the largest openworld map(by FAR, not even close) that does not use random generation. Its even has a place in Guinness gaming records...so argue that one

The guy made a mistake. Chill out. Are you one those kids who says "Shut up, Grandma! You idiot! It's a game not a movie!!!" ?
---
Captain Anderson also has his picture on his desk. Kaidan is such a slut. - khrulez
#14anonymous46773Posted 7/8/2011 6:07:11 PM
It's amazing how San Andreas feels so big whenever I play it, but Burnout Paradise always feels so small. Seriously, BP feels very constricting to me. Probably since you're always going hundreds of miles an hour, but eh...
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#15CapnStankyPosted 7/8/2011 6:29:02 PM
Just Cause 2's world is huge. Loved it although it's extremely repetitive. In a fun way. The dev at E3 said Skyrim's world is 18 square miles. I don't think it will be anywhere near as big as Just Cause 2's. As long as it has another fun 100 or so hours is really all that matters though.
#16MrCheese4321Posted 7/8/2011 6:31:30 PM
The Cyborg Ninja posted...
The guy made a mistake. Chill out. Are you one those kids who says "Shut up, Grandma! You idiot! It's a game not a movie!!!" ?

lol I almost spit out my food.
---
Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?
#17doraemonllh1989Posted 7/8/2011 7:19:54 PM
bigger doesnt mean better:P
---
AMD phenomx4 9650| 9800gt 1 gig ddr3 | Corsair TwinX 2 gig ram ddr2 800mhz | ASUS M2N-E
#18true_gamer80Posted 7/11/2011 7:44:06 AM(edited)
The Cyborg Ninja posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
Just Cause 2 has the largest open world map of any game ever made so far

learn your facts...Fuel has by far the largest openworld map(by FAR, not even close) that does not use random generation. Its even has a place in Guinness gaming records...so argue that one

Chill out? Im sorry for correcting and giving the right answer...I know this place is all about ignorance..god forbid some ppl actually like to be correctly informed.
---
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
#19gamefaqwatcherPosted 7/11/2011 8:22:56 AM
I just hope it's bigger than this gen fallouts..... oblivion's 350+ locations compared to FO3's 200+.... Can't say they were repetitive either.