This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people hate it when video games have loading time that take too long?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do people hate it when video games have loading time that take too long?

User Info: cheatermaster

cheatermaster
5 years ago#1
One of the things I would sometimes see at least is that there seems to be at least some complains about the loading time of a game. Is the loading time of a game that annoying for some people? Like do they hate it when you have to wait a bunch of minutes (or possible seconds) just for a game to finish up loading?

User Info: chrisat928

chrisat928
5 years ago#2
When it's horrendously long, and happens every time you die, or just venture to far into another area, yeah, it's a massive pain in the ass.
PSN: chrisproto (teh-nook.com)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.

User Info: lil_mocchi

lil_mocchi
5 years ago#3
more time to drink beer :)
PSN:kropodra
3DS FC 4554-0007-9846 pokemon w FC 245148237251

User Info: hotwheeler89

hotwheeler89
5 years ago#4
I don't like loading screens after deaths, it already sucks that you died then you have to wait around for it to load. Completely discourages playing on any harder difficulties.
PSN ID: StuGunn5
"Why is it our job to save everyone? Haven't we done enough?

User Info: GoatJugSoup

GoatJugSoup
5 years ago#5
If it takes more time to load than it does to play the game then I hate it, the further the ratio is shifted towards time playing the game, the better.
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Goatjugsoup1278
Want more soup? View quote for more info

User Info: DethLocke

DethLocke
5 years ago#6
I had heard that mod nation racers, pre patch, took forever to load and frequently. It ruined some peoples experience of the game at the time.
Jack Daniels. Drink it.

User Info: BloodyBooger

BloodyBooger
5 years ago#7
tekken 6, loading screen lasted longer than the fights.
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
5 years ago#8
I've been playing Nier and while I can't say that the loading times are too long it does seems there are far too many.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
5 years ago#9
I don't really mind if the loading times are between levels or whatever, but I hate when gameplay just suddenly halts, and a loading bar pops up, and gameplay resumes once the game finishes loading.

Like Duke Nukem Forever, for instance, has some pretty long load times, but they're all between levels, so I don't mind. On the other hand, while on horseback in Oblivion, I constantly get halting load screens, and that annoys me more. Same thing with the first Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

User Info: echa_One

echa_One
5 years ago#10
Of course, especially when playing on harder difficulty or save-and-load scenarios (like Valkyria Chronicles). What's even worse is when you have to go to loading screens when you enter or visit a small room or space like in Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 2. Oh... my... goodness...
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do people hate it when video games have loading time that take too long?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived