This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people hate it when video games have loading time that take too long?

#1cheatermasterPosted 7/7/2011 1:53:51 AM
One of the things I would sometimes see at least is that there seems to be at least some complains about the loading time of a game. Is the loading time of a game that annoying for some people? Like do they hate it when you have to wait a bunch of minutes (or possible seconds) just for a game to finish up loading?
#2chrisat928Posted 7/7/2011 1:55:20 AM
When it's horrendously long, and happens every time you die, or just venture to far into another area, yeah, it's a massive pain in the ass.
---
PSN: chrisproto (teh-nook.com)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.
#3lil_mocchiPosted 7/7/2011 1:57:40 AM
more time to drink beer :)
---
PSN:kropodra
3DS FC 4554-0007-9846 pokemon w FC 245148237251
#4hotwheeler89Posted 7/7/2011 1:59:38 AM
I don't like loading screens after deaths, it already sucks that you died then you have to wait around for it to load. Completely discourages playing on any harder difficulties.
---
PSN ID: StuGunn5
"Why is it our job to save everyone? Haven't we done enough?
#5GoatJugSoupPosted 7/7/2011 2:12:12 AM
If it takes more time to load than it does to play the game then I hate it, the further the ratio is shifted towards time playing the game, the better.
---
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Goatjugsoup1278
Want more soup? View quote for more info
#6DethLockePosted 7/7/2011 2:31:14 AM
I had heard that mod nation racers, pre patch, took forever to load and frequently. It ruined some peoples experience of the game at the time.
---
Jack Daniels. Drink it.
#7BloodyBoogerPosted 7/7/2011 2:57:32 AM
tekken 6, loading screen lasted longer than the fights.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#8darkshadowmasterPosted 7/7/2011 3:01:27 AM
I've been playing Nier and while I can't say that the loading times are too long it does seems there are far too many.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#9You_Need_A_LifePosted 7/7/2011 3:32:36 AM
I don't really mind if the loading times are between levels or whatever, but I hate when gameplay just suddenly halts, and a loading bar pops up, and gameplay resumes once the game finishes loading.

Like Duke Nukem Forever, for instance, has some pretty long load times, but they're all between levels, so I don't mind. On the other hand, while on horseback in Oblivion, I constantly get halting load screens, and that annoys me more. Same thing with the first Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
#10echa_OnePosted 7/7/2011 5:24:19 AM
Of course, especially when playing on harder difficulty or save-and-load scenarios (like Valkyria Chronicles). What's even worse is when you have to go to loading screens when you enter or visit a small room or space like in Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 2. Oh... my... goodness...
---
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?