This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people hate it when video games have loading time that take too long?

#31echa_OnePosted 7/7/2011 6:25:13 PM
MrUntouchable18 posted...
Also Dragon age had long load times as well

Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2. I see the pattern there :p
---
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
#32nurnbergPosted 7/7/2011 6:30:00 PM
At least it is not as bad as the PS1 days... Final Fantasy 9 had more loading time than gameplay! It was ridiculous.
#33peterneeterPosted 7/7/2011 6:33:54 PM
play blood omen legacy of kain it loads every time you press a button
#34X195Posted 7/7/2011 6:55:28 PM
Besides game installs, MGS4's load times are pretty good. I got surprised at the size of some areas and how small the load was. The other MGS areas were smaller, thus requiring loading all the time, though it was a bit smaller in the previous ones.

I dislike Uncharted 1 loading. It happens only whenever you load your game/start a new one, which is pretty impressive, but man, is it LONG!
---
I am lightning. The rain transformed.
#35screwmtvPosted 7/7/2011 6:57:41 PM
No, I love it when video games have loading time that take too long. Nothing makes me happier.
---
Nothing ever burns down by itself. Every fire needs a little bit of help.
#36lightbringer768Posted 7/7/2011 7:00:28 PM
Yep loading screens suck. Fallout New Vegas is one of them that I hate. Not saying I did not like the game but just got tired of all the loading screens in the game. Every time you leave a building or venture into a new area loading screens. The longer I played the game the loading screens got longer.
---
psn id: darkfalls2110
#37peterneeterPosted 7/7/2011 7:01:55 PM
X195 posted...
Besides game installs, MGS4's load times are pretty good. I got surprised at the size of some areas and how small the load was. The other MGS areas were smaller, thus requiring loading all the time, though it was a bit smaller in the previous ones.

I dislike Uncharted 1 loading. It happens only whenever you load your game/start a new one, which is pretty impressive, but man, is it LONG!

it also happens when he is forced to walk but they do a good job covering it up and they did it even better in u2. i wish every game did it like that one long load time is fine with me
#38RollingCradlePosted 7/7/2011 7:26:10 PM
Loading was painfully obvious in Uncharted2's mountain village.
#39bretnsidPosted 7/7/2011 7:54:01 PM
From the games I've played this gen, I haven't really noticed bad loading times. It's obvious considering the new hardware, but it's amazing how little load times there are compared to games from last gen. Plus you get more open areas so there are less loading screens to begin with.
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#40bretnsidPosted 7/7/2011 8:05:17 PM
And about MGS4 only requiring loading four times? That would be fine if only one person were to play the game. However in my case, my brother, sister and I were all playing the game at the same time and at times we were on different chapters. That meant that there were installs happening constantly each time we played.

Yeah that part is a little annoying - that you have to install a chapter every time you load up a different one than what you were previously playing. But I personally love the way MGS 4 handled load times. Especially on the first playthrough, having just 4 load times of like 3 minutes each (the last one is even 1 minute I think) is much, much better than having longer load times between each new area or after each cutscene. During the first playthrough, I even like that little bit of downtime before each new chapter.

Same thing with Uncharted 2 - I much prefer the one long load time before starting the game and then having little to no load times during the game rather than having constant loading after entering new areas or after cutscenes, etc...It's much more seamless, IMO. I could see why it's annoying if you just wanna play for like 10 minutes or so - to have to wait like 3 minutes for the game to load in the first place.
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!