This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird thing happened playing a HDD game

#1Luketheman5Posted 7/7/2011 7:11:16 AM
I was playing Echocrome from the JPN psn, when it froze on a white screen, I turned the PS3 off, it beeped 3 times and then the Green light flashed over and over and over. I had to flick the back switch.
Had me worried, any ideas what the cause was?
---
Currently Playing: Nothing for now.
PSN: Luketheman5
#2Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 7/7/2011 9:38:16 AM
60GB? 20GB? 40GB Phattie?

Sounds like YLOD may be coming your way soon. Or it just was just an error.
#3IvanKozlovPosted 7/7/2011 10:05:39 AM
Luketheman5 posted...
I was playing Echocrome from the JPN psn, when it froze on a white screen, I turned the PS3 off, it beeped 3 times and then the Green light flashed over and over and over. I had to flick the back switch.
Had me worried, any ideas what the cause was?

Your ps3 just froze. It happens from time to time. It is nothing to worry about.
---
Let's just wait for Super Ultimate Omega Arcade Edition Capcom Vs. ****ing Everything and Everybody HD Turbo Remix Revival 2: The Ultimate Challenge - ZaruMega7
#4OtakuGameraPosted 7/7/2011 10:06:09 AM
yeap, happened to me when i played uncharted 2 too.
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#5AlphaWhelpPosted 7/7/2011 10:07:20 AM
This reminds me that a lot of people were all "LOL PC GAMING IS STUPID CONSOLE NEVER CRASH OR HAVE PROBLEMS"

They have made crows an endangered species with the amount that they've eaten.
---
Q: How can you tell when I'm trolling? A: I've made a post.
My first Java Applet: http://www.alphawhelp.com/tongue/
#6IvanKozlovPosted 7/7/2011 11:16:33 AM
AlphaWhelp posted...
This reminds me that a lot of people were all "LOL PC GAMING IS STUPID CONSOLE NEVER CRASH OR HAVE PROBLEMS"

They have made crows an endangered species with the amount that they've eaten.

Can you explain this to me?
---
Hackers: "We have discovered the masterkey for the Ps3, and there's nothing SONY can do about it!" SONY: "O RLY?" *Changes the keys*
#7AlphaWhelpPosted 7/7/2011 11:24:41 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
Can you explain this to me?

This relates to an American (and possibly other places) phrase where someone who is so sure about something and then gets proven wrong and has to admit he was wrong, it's called "Eating crow"

And I figure between RROD, YLOD, games buggy as all hell like Heavy Rain, constant game patching to fix bugs, consoles in many ways have gained a lot of the problems PCs have, except in some cases, have more and worse problems than PCs.

People who just want to enjoy the sensation of "Put game in console, press power, play with no problems." can no longer have faith that it will be their experience 100% of the time. And with more and more games coming out with day 1 patches, the days of console simplicity are just gone. And it was these people who claimed the simplicity of a console is why console gaming was better than PC gaming, and now those people cannot make those claims anymore.

Ergo, crows are endangered, because they are being eaten.
---
Q: How can you tell when I'm trolling? A: I've made a post.
My first Java Applet: http://www.alphawhelp.com/tongue/
#8Luketheman5(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 12:51:05 AM
It was a 40gb Phat, but it works fine now...It's shown no signs of a YLOD for 3 years now, and yeah...I don't think it's YLOD.
---
Currently Playing: Nothing for now.
PSN: Luketheman5