This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good is The Sly Collection?

#1tw1239875Posted 7/7/2011 1:10:45 PM
Well I have never played any of these game and I kept hearing about them. I finally got to thinking about buying them but wanted to see what others opinions on the game were. Do all 3 of the games have a good story and do the games last very long? Do these games have any replay value? I watched a video review of the games and they looked very fun
---
---
Who cares abouts Sigs! I sure as hell don't!
#2JahkeemyorkPosted 7/7/2011 1:14:43 PM
They're all very fun, the 1st one is pretty short and you can choose missions throughout each of them, they also had unique levels to the missions. The 2nd and 3rd are linear in mission choosing but the open world elements are also a plus, as some missions mix in unique areas, others also use the open world for their missions which means more missions then usual. They all have unique boss battles as well, it's a fun series and it's good for the price the Sly Collection is. There is replay-ability as well, collectibles and stuff, but the collectibles actually give you new moves and new abilities so it really is worth going to grab them.
#3Schwepps01Posted 7/7/2011 1:16:35 PM
Don't buy them. If you want a good PS2 game, which I'm guessing you do because you want outdated platformers, get Beyond Good & Evil HD on the PSN store.
#4ChiliPupPosted 7/7/2011 1:50:34 PM(edited)
tw1239875 posted...
Well I have never played any of these game and I kept hearing about them. I finally got to thinking about buying them but wanted to see what others opinions on the game were. Do all 3 of the games have a good story and do the games last very long? Do these games have any replay value? I watched a video review of the games and they looked very fun
---

^ Don't even think, just buy it. It's a ridiculous price for three games. And it happens to be three of the best of last gen, but with crisp new HD graphics. As platformers go, they are among the best of the best.

Plus, if you care about trophies, it's three fairly easy platinums.

Also... it's a shame that these kinds of games are disappearing. We get less and less fun platformers, and more and more first person shooters. Enjoy this collection. It is a rare gem.

And also, since the previous poster insulted you ("you want outdated platformers"), then his opinion is probably not worth listening to anyway.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#5PhaseBlackPosted 7/7/2011 1:49:52 PM
The Sly Collection has three great games and it's at a great value, definitely get it
---
PSVita & 3DS
#6LilFunnyCatPosted 7/7/2011 1:52:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Ultimate_TimmehPosted 7/7/2011 1:52:54 PM
I had never played a Sly game before I bought the collection, and didn't really know what to expect. And I must say, I was surprised in a very positive way. Each of the three games was a lot of fun. Seriously, if you haven't played these games yet and you are even remotely interested, don't hesitate: buy and play.
---
PSN: Ultimate_Timmeh
http://www.backloggery.com/ultimate_timmeh
#8ChiliPupPosted 7/7/2011 1:55:00 PM
Also, like another poster said, Sly 1 is a fairly straightforward platformer, and doesn't take too long. HOWEVER, Sly Cooper 2 kicks it into high gear with a lot more exploration, better story, more gadgets, and better all-around gameplay. The difference between Sly 2 and 3 is negligible at best, and they will feel like one really long adventure if played back to back.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#9Nitman99Posted 7/7/2011 2:03:24 PM
I'm putting the finishing touches on Sly 3's platinum after running through them consecutively. Naturally I could give you in-depth reviews on each, but just know that they're some of the best 3D platformers around. The production values and cel-shaded graphics are great. To be honest they're all worth playing just to see how Sucker Punch evolved between each game. If you've played Infamous, the foundations are laid here, and if not this series is a great lead-in.

None of the games are particularly long but since you get three of them you'll be busy for a long time. I'm a little Sly'd out to be honest. As for replay value, 1 and 3 offer more to see after the game is over, though 2 is probably the most fun to run around in.

There's very little overarching story in any of them; they're very episodic, but there's still a lot of voice acting and some really great characters.

Definitely go pick this up, it's on clearance at a lot of major retailers and relatively cheap everywhere else.
#10Bodhitree33Posted 7/7/2011 2:09:36 PM
They are a good deal and a fun experience. One thing that can happen is when you play them back to back some of the backtracking gets annoying.

For example the prison level on Sly 2(?) go do recon, go get keys, free this person, do more recon, get plans for X, more recon, then execute plan...some of it can get tedious but its worth it overall.

3 was my least favorite but definately glad I played them all. Im looking forward to Sly 4
---
I play fighting games for the story