This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wolverine+akuma of mvc3 versus yun of ssf4 AE

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. wolverine+akuma of mvc3 versus yun of ssf4 AE
5 years ago#1
so, who's more imbalanced in their own respective fighting games?

Mvc is built to have assists so I think its kinda a fair deal to add his best assist as well
which is akuma (at least his most popular assist so far) compared to fighting against yun in ssf4?
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
PSN:duolrac03
5 years ago#2
You can literally kill entire teams with Wolverine in under 20 seconds. So probably him.
5 years ago#3
Geez. Is Marvel vs. Capcom 3 really that imbalanced?! I'm really glad I opted to pass on that now.

I beat a fairly high level Japanese Yun player on SFIV:AE just two nights ago and I didn't notice him being particularly imbalanced. Does anyone have a video link to some of his "cheaper" combos?
PSN ID: Shawnji
SPELUNKER HD deserves your hard-earned cash! Buy it now on the store!
5 years ago#4
Seifer_us posted...
Geez. Is Marvel vs. Capcom 3 really that imbalanced?! I'm really glad I opted to pass on that now.

I beat a fairly high level Japanese Yun player on SFIV:AE just two nights ago and I didn't notice him being particularly imbalanced. Does anyone have a video link to some of his "cheaper" combos?

It's just that in games like Marvel, speed kills and Wolverine has the most speed and he can do 100% damage combos if the player knows a good enough combo (easy ones). If he gets touched, he dies easily but most decent players murders everyone with Wolverine, Zero, Dark Phoenix. I actually never play as those characters since it feels like I'm cheating. I just choose the weakest and don't worry if I get killed by the billionth overpowered Wolverine.

Also, ridiculously superpowered Yun combos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pHcOBhe6t4
5 years ago#5
^

I'm not saying some of those combos weren't OP but why did it seem like alot of his cheap combos started off with relying on the opponent to just sit there & be brain dead & eat a blow.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
5 years ago#6
Shippoyasha posted...
It's just that in games like Marvel, speed kills and Wolverine has the most speed and he can do 100% damage combos if the player knows a good enough combo (easy ones). If he gets touched, he dies easily but most decent players murders everyone with Wolverine, Zero, Dark Phoenix. I actually never play as those characters since it feels like I'm cheating. I just choose the weakest and don't worry if I get killed by the billionth overpowered Wolverine.

Also, ridiculously superpowered Yun combos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pHcOBhe6t4

Ah. Well, either I just got lucky or my play-style just works well against it, but the guy I played against was definitely using or going for a lot of those. Maybe he was still getting the hang of it...
PSN ID: Shawnji
SPELUNKER HD deserves your hard-earned cash! Buy it now on the store!
5 years ago#7
There's always gonna be characters for the loser to whine about, I use Wolvie-Morrigan-Haggar when I'm not using my main Felicia-Hsien-ko-Haggar, and its all good!
5 years ago#8
Yun isn't strong just because of high damage combs. Its that he has everything except a projectile, and even then he has enough tools do get past that too.

SRK-check
Command Grab-check
Infinitely lasting palm hitbox-check
Extremely strong super-check
Crazy wake up game-check
Extremely fast-check
Safe approach-check
High damage combos-check
Easy and effective BnB's-check

Hes way too good.
Demon's Souls is a RPG a block & evade function with zero story. Calm down people
PSN- tazz1989
5 years ago#9
RollingCradle posted...
There's always gonna be characters for the loser to whine about, I use Wolvie-Morrigan-Haggar when I'm not using my main Felicia-Hsien-ko-Haggar, and its all good!

So you call people like Justin Wong and other major tournament players 'losers'? I don't think I've heard so many pro players of a game call their own game super cheap and cheesy.

It's mainly the freakish damage output and the on-the-ground combos lets some characters (Dante/Zero) seemingly continue a combo until the other characters simply die. And with X factor, forget about it.
5 years ago#10
I don't know man, nerds will complain about anything.

The fact is that everything is available to both players at the start of the match so you just have to man up.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. wolverine+akuma of mvc3 versus yun of ssf4 AE

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived