This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wolverine+akuma of mvc3 versus yun of ssf4 AE

#1carloudgracePosted 7/8/2011 3:55:14 AM
so, who's more imbalanced in their own respective fighting games?

Mvc is built to have assists so I think its kinda a fair deal to add his best assist as well
which is akuma (at least his most popular assist so far) compared to fighting against yun in ssf4?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
PSN:duolrac03
#2ShippoyashaPosted 7/8/2011 3:57:48 AM
You can literally kill entire teams with Wolverine in under 20 seconds. So probably him.
#3Seifer_usPosted 7/8/2011 4:14:12 AM
Geez. Is Marvel vs. Capcom 3 really that imbalanced?! I'm really glad I opted to pass on that now.

I beat a fairly high level Japanese Yun player on SFIV:AE just two nights ago and I didn't notice him being particularly imbalanced. Does anyone have a video link to some of his "cheaper" combos?
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
SPELUNKER HD deserves your hard-earned cash! Buy it now on the store!
#4ShippoyashaPosted 7/8/2011 4:17:37 AM
Seifer_us posted...
Geez. Is Marvel vs. Capcom 3 really that imbalanced?! I'm really glad I opted to pass on that now.

I beat a fairly high level Japanese Yun player on SFIV:AE just two nights ago and I didn't notice him being particularly imbalanced. Does anyone have a video link to some of his "cheaper" combos?

It's just that in games like Marvel, speed kills and Wolverine has the most speed and he can do 100% damage combos if the player knows a good enough combo (easy ones). If he gets touched, he dies easily but most decent players murders everyone with Wolverine, Zero, Dark Phoenix. I actually never play as those characters since it feels like I'm cheating. I just choose the weakest and don't worry if I get killed by the billionth overpowered Wolverine.

Also, ridiculously superpowered Yun combos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pHcOBhe6t4
#5darkshadowmasterPosted 7/8/2011 4:43:06 AM
^

I'm not saying some of those combos weren't OP but why did it seem like alot of his cheap combos started off with relying on the opponent to just sit there & be brain dead & eat a blow.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#6Seifer_usPosted 7/8/2011 5:01:28 AM(edited)
Shippoyasha posted...
It's just that in games like Marvel, speed kills and Wolverine has the most speed and he can do 100% damage combos if the player knows a good enough combo (easy ones). If he gets touched, he dies easily but most decent players murders everyone with Wolverine, Zero, Dark Phoenix. I actually never play as those characters since it feels like I'm cheating. I just choose the weakest and don't worry if I get killed by the billionth overpowered Wolverine.

Also, ridiculously superpowered Yun combos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pHcOBhe6t4

Ah. Well, either I just got lucky or my play-style just works well against it, but the guy I played against was definitely using or going for a lot of those. Maybe he was still getting the hang of it...
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
SPELUNKER HD deserves your hard-earned cash! Buy it now on the store!
#7RollingCradlePosted 7/8/2011 6:17:39 AM
There's always gonna be characters for the loser to whine about, I use Wolvie-Morrigan-Haggar when I'm not using my main Felicia-Hsien-ko-Haggar, and its all good!
#8Elements012894Posted 7/8/2011 6:27:14 AM
Yun isn't strong just because of high damage combs. Its that he has everything except a projectile, and even then he has enough tools do get past that too.

SRK-check
Command Grab-check
Infinitely lasting palm hitbox-check
Extremely strong super-check
Crazy wake up game-check
Extremely fast-check
Safe approach-check
High damage combos-check
Easy and effective BnB's-check

Hes way too good.
---
Demon's Souls is a RPG a block & evade function with zero story. Calm down people
PSN- tazz1989
#9ShippoyashaPosted 7/8/2011 6:32:33 AM
RollingCradle posted...
There's always gonna be characters for the loser to whine about, I use Wolvie-Morrigan-Haggar when I'm not using my main Felicia-Hsien-ko-Haggar, and its all good!

So you call people like Justin Wong and other major tournament players 'losers'? I don't think I've heard so many pro players of a game call their own game super cheap and cheesy.

It's mainly the freakish damage output and the on-the-ground combos lets some characters (Dante/Zero) seemingly continue a combo until the other characters simply die. And with X factor, forget about it.
#10RollingCradlePosted 7/8/2011 6:34:57 AM
I don't know man, nerds will complain about anything.

The fact is that everything is available to both players at the start of the match so you just have to man up.