This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's worse? Paying for online or friends codes?

#1jammiesPosted 7/8/2011 4:23:51 AM
Aren't you glad to not have to deal with either of those when it comes to playing online with PS3?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 7/8/2011 4:25:13 AM
Idc tbh. I love both my 360 & PS3.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3stargazer1981Posted 7/8/2011 4:27:26 AM
I posted this in the "official" PSN Pass thread. But there's a pissing contest going on in there, so it was passed over completely:

I didn't bother sifting through the endless amount of drivel, but one thing that could possibly be overlooked in all this: Gamestop (if you buy your games from there) has been selling EA games, used, for $10 cheaper than usual, to account for the online pass deal.

So, in essence, you're not paying anymore than you would pay if the online pass didn't exist.

Meh. Whatever.

---
A teaser for my zombie web series: Viva Humanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJwzHQ4hts
#4otisanimePosted 7/8/2011 4:31:13 AM
To me, it goes:

PC's Online > times a million PSN > XBOX Live (Though that's switched if you disregard charging for Live is a god damned joke) > times a thousand PS2's online >>>>> Sega Dreamcast's Online >>>>>>>>>>> 3DS' Online >>>>> Sega Saturn's Online >>>> Wii's Online > DS' Online
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, NFS Hot Pursuit, Resonance of Fate
#5M_RUTTER2K8Posted 7/8/2011 4:31:20 AM
I'd say having no online for a month or so while potentially having my details stolen is worse.
---
Friendship is like peeing yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
#6BigSaltyDookiePosted 7/8/2011 4:42:07 AM(edited)
i'd say having my personal information stolen because a company was running their network on dated unpatched/unfirewalled servers (after being warned by security experts about the risks) and then having that same company sit on letting its customers know for a day the worst.. but i guess that's not an option.

i'm just glad i don't have to deal with that kind of shady business stuff on two of my three current gen consoles.
---
Old bear.. he likes the honey!
Heart attack never stopped old big bear!
#7jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 4:45:18 AM
Looks like the bridges have their firewalls down at this moment.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#8f1madmanPosted 7/8/2011 4:53:15 AM
To be on topic:

I think friend codes are worse. (Now that I can afford to) I'd gladly pay for a better online service that you get with the Wii.

Other than the PSN hack, which really annoyed me and I had to go around changing passwords, bank cards and all that hassle. I ended up getting 4 free games out, which for my name/address/DOB is actually quite a bargain!

Plus although the PS store hasn't been great its getting better, and I'm probably in the minority here but recently I have been very happy with my PS3/games/PSN service.

Happy customer :)
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9Seifer_usPosted 7/8/2011 5:09:45 AM
Friend codes are terrible, but I just flat-out will not pay for online gaming. It's just not worth it to me. So, yeah, paying is worse.

It helps that I'm not a very social person online. In the real world I do much better. Everyone's so uninhibited online that they all act like ***** and it takes all the fun out of it.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
SPELUNKER HD deserves your hard-earned cash! Buy it now on the store!
#10ShippoyashaPosted 7/8/2011 5:16:04 AM
Paying for online is worth it if the service is stable and has enough features.

Friendscodes = EXTREMELY inconvenient + ZERO features.