This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's worse? Paying for online or friends codes?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What's worse? Paying for online or friends codes?
5 years ago#1
Aren't you glad to not have to deal with either of those when it comes to playing online with PS3?
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
5 years ago#2
Idc tbh. I love both my 360 & PS3.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
5 years ago#3
I posted this in the "official" PSN Pass thread. But there's a pissing contest going on in there, so it was passed over completely:

I didn't bother sifting through the endless amount of drivel, but one thing that could possibly be overlooked in all this: Gamestop (if you buy your games from there) has been selling EA games, used, for $10 cheaper than usual, to account for the online pass deal.

So, in essence, you're not paying anymore than you would pay if the online pass didn't exist.

Meh. Whatever.
A teaser for my zombie web series: Viva Humanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJwzHQ4hts
5 years ago#4
To me, it goes:

PC's Online > times a million PSN > XBOX Live (Though that's switched if you disregard charging for Live is a god damned joke) > times a thousand PS2's online >>>>> Sega Dreamcast's Online >>>>>>>>>>> 3DS' Online >>>>> Sega Saturn's Online >>>> Wii's Online > DS' Online
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, NFS Hot Pursuit, Resonance of Fate
5 years ago#5
I'd say having no online for a month or so while potentially having my details stolen is worse.
Friendship is like peeing yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
5 years ago#6
i'd say having my personal information stolen because a company was running their network on dated unpatched/unfirewalled servers (after being warned by security experts about the risks) and then having that same company sit on letting its customers know for a day the worst.. but i guess that's not an option.

i'm just glad i don't have to deal with that kind of shady business stuff on two of my three current gen consoles.
Old bear.. he likes the honey!
Heart attack never stopped old big bear!
5 years ago#7
Looks like the bridges have their firewalls down at this moment.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
5 years ago#8
To be on topic:

I think friend codes are worse. (Now that I can afford to) I'd gladly pay for a better online service that you get with the Wii.

Other than the PSN hack, which really annoyed me and I had to go around changing passwords, bank cards and all that hassle. I ended up getting 4 free games out, which for my name/address/DOB is actually quite a bargain!

Plus although the PS store hasn't been great its getting better, and I'm probably in the minority here but recently I have been very happy with my PS3/games/PSN service.

Happy customer :)
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
5 years ago#9
Friend codes are terrible, but I just flat-out will not pay for online gaming. It's just not worth it to me. So, yeah, paying is worse.

It helps that I'm not a very social person online. In the real world I do much better. Everyone's so uninhibited online that they all act like ***** and it takes all the fun out of it.
PSN ID: Shawnji
SPELUNKER HD deserves your hard-earned cash! Buy it now on the store!
5 years ago#10
Paying for online is worth it if the service is stable and has enough features.

Friendscodes = EXTREMELY inconvenient + ZERO features.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What's worse? Paying for online or friends codes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived