This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where's the Bioshock Infinite hype?

#1icewolf74Posted 7/8/2011 9:53:54 AM
Just watched the 15-minute E3 demo on gametrailers and WOW what a game. In fact, this makes me want to try and give Bioshock another go around by running out and purchasing it and see if I can finally finish it even though I loath FPS games.

Anyways, the roller coaster sky tram rails look incredibly fun. Although, I don't know about the putting the horse down part though. I always hate watching animals die or suffer. I can tell just from this part alone that this game will be very emotional. Also loved the Return of the Jedi spoof in the 80s tear section. Very cool.

Anyone else catch the Bioshock Infinite E3 demo? If so, what did you think?
#2ChaingunmasterPosted 7/8/2011 9:55:52 AM
In my experience original IPs tend to get move hype than sequels, since new IPs are an unknown quality; they could be awful or GOTY material.
With sequels more often than not you are getting more of the same but better, so it's not as exciting to speculate about them.
---
http://www.twitter.com/Alos88- follow me and I'll follow you
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#3al_ien5000Posted 7/8/2011 9:56:13 AM
It's in 2012.
---
Make sure to check out my new VGAA blog! http://www.ign.com/blogs/al_ien5000
#4dark_thry2Posted 7/8/2011 9:56:27 AM
Bioshock Infinite has the kind of hype that doesn't need to be mentioned. Everyone already knows it will be the game of the year, no need to try and hype it up any more.
---
"And thus is where the trolls come from, told as an epic saga of defication"- DEllrizla
"No you"-its my own new trend!! ( Psn:dark_piece9)
#5Big_Boss222Posted 7/8/2011 9:57:11 AM

Just watched the 15-minute E3 demo on gametrailers and WOW what a game. In fact, this makes me want to try and give Bioshock another go around by running out and purchasing it and see if I can finally finish it even though I loath FPS games.

Anyways, the roller coaster sky tram rails look incredibly fun. Although, I don't know about the putting the horse down part though. I always hate watching animals die or suffer. I can tell just from this part alone that this game will be very emotional. Also loved the Return of the Jedi spoof in the 80s tear section. Very cool.

Anyone else catch the Bioshock Infinite E3 demo? If so, what did you think?

I loved the Revenge of the Jedi easter egg. It was actually going to be named that before they said that it made no sense for the Jedi to get revenge.

I really enjoyed that demo and I think it will be a great game.
---
PSN ID: Boke18
#6MrGamer07Posted 7/8/2011 10:00:43 AM
There's a good amount of hype behind it already. Everybody who saw the E3 stuff is excited about it. This time next year there will be more hype for it, but since it's still a year away, everybody is looking toward this year's games. Give it time TC lol
---
I will go to the grave saying Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the most overrated game of all time.
#7akuma634Posted 7/8/2011 10:04:42 AM
I never got into Bioshock, for me it was just another boring FPS where your character has no limits or weakness. You just mow down every living living and figure out where to go next to kill everyone again. Now System Shock on the other hand was more my kind of game, ruthless difficulty, actual RPG elements to balance your character build, and it's still one of the scariest games ever made. But because SS2's mental midget of a "spiritual successor" become such a hit, that's all we'll ever see of the Shock games.
---
http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Metalyger/avatar-body.png
PSN - CustersRevenge
#8360junkyPosted 7/8/2011 10:09:15 AM
i'm hyped out of my face for this one. that demo is just...wow.
#9VicsthebestPosted 7/8/2011 10:09:55 AM
I'm way more hyped for Skyrim.
#10QuintiousPosted 7/8/2011 10:12:02 AM
Oh yay! Another 'hand-and-a-gun' game! We TOTALLY need more of those. THere simply aren't enough!
---
I sued Microsoft...and won!
http://digg.com/xbox_360/Average_Joe_takes_on_Microsoft_over_the_360_units_and_wins