This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LIMBO PSN relase dates announced

#21Shadow2790xPosted 7/9/2011 3:22:45 AM
ChildOfTheSun posted...
It Only Does Everything*

*after everyone else has already done it

Same old Sony.

Such a silly post.
---
From Software: The only Japanese developer that matters.
PSN: Shadow2790x - [You know it, bro!]
#22ChildOfTheSunPosted 7/9/2011 3:23:31 AM
SuperMichael2790 posted...
ChildOfTheSun posted...
It Only Does Everything*

Same old Sony.

Such a silly post.

Yes your post was. And pointless too.
#23CellSoundPosted 7/9/2011 3:25:58 AM
The release should have been 7/21/10.

Not buying into this timed exclusive crap. Sick of devs and Mircosoft trolling us, by spiting us by not letting us have the game sooner, on purpose.
#24ROFLdPosted 7/9/2011 8:34:59 AM
CellSound posted...
The release should have been 7/21/10.

Not buying into this timed exclusive crap. Sick of devs and Mircosoft trolling us, by spiting us by not letting us have the game sooner, on purpose.

I know you're a rabid fanboy, but to take out your inner agnst and rage on Microsoft for no reason is pretty sad.

Playdead is a small company and they don't have the funds to make things for multiple platforms. This is why most indie devs start and usually stick with XBLA (aside from maybe having indie games in the XBL Indie games section); XBLA is untouched when it comes to digital sales and online purchases. Also, if the game is lucky enough to get into Summer of Arcade or Gamefeast, then Microsoft will promote the game (saving devs MORE money; more promotion and advertisement = better sales and word-of-mouth). Look at the vast difference of point card sales between the platforms ALONE:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28921592&postcount=2879

So if the game is wildly successful, and the devs want to branch out to more platforms (Limbo going Steam and PSN, for example, while Braid went to PC, Mac and PSN), so that they in turn get more money and more known, more power to them. I see a lot of PS3-only owners begging for games like Shadow Complex and even the recently released Trenched (DoubleFine dev'd like Stacking and Costume Quest), but big hitters like those will never be released on PS3 because of Microsoft's involvement in them (i.e, their logo comes up at the start of the game, they own the IP, or something like that).

However. if it's an upcoming indie dev and Microsoft has no involvement in the game aside from letting it release on XBL, and it becomes successful enough, then there is a small chance it can go to other platforms. This usually doesn't happen with PSN-only games because they never sell well enough to warrant branching out (the most highest-selling PSN-only games get eclisped by even mediocre-selling XBL-only games). I mean, Trials HD is at what, 3 million+ downloads? Go look at a PSN game and check the leaderboards and see if you see that number. The sequel (Trials Evolution) is releasing only on XBL because MS owns the IP but it was a random indie game that was that successful, no doubt it would be on Steam and PSN as well.
---
Achievements: 4749/5061
TrueAchievements.com + x360a > all
#25VenomousVidiotPosted 7/12/2011 4:24:11 AM
ChildOfTheSun posted...
It Only Does Everything*

Same old Sony.

---
Why aren't you gaming...seriously, why are you reading this???Get the **** off the computer and pick up a joy stick otherwise I am going to..................
#26ChaingunmasterPosted 7/12/2011 4:33:02 AM

At least his post wasn't both pointless and inflammatory, unlike yours.
---
http://www.twitter.com/Alos88- follow me and I'll follow you
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#27ChildOfTheSunPosted 7/12/2011 4:37:37 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...

At least his post wasn't both pointless and inflammatory, unlike yours.

My post was full of truth. Sorry your to blind to see.
#28ChaingunmasterPosted 7/12/2011 4:41:10 AM
It was full of something alright.
---
http://www.twitter.com/Alos88- follow me and I'll follow you
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#29zooknutPosted 7/12/2011 4:50:10 AM
what no disc release?
#30Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 7/12/2011 5:12:14 AM
ready played this on LBP2.

And like most games recreated with LBP2 it was utterly horrible.
It'snot just an artsy fartsy game either. The mechanics are actually terrific, the controls are remarkably tight and the puzzles are clever and challenging. It just happens to come in a unique and striking looking package. I'm probably gonna buy it again.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson