This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This board's opinion on Deus Ex?

#1DarkKainDrgPosted 7/8/2011 10:51:17 AM
I'm just not sold on the game yet. I'm leaning towards saving some money and buying PSN content instead, for this month. Any opinions? GOTY material?
---
*High Five!* High Five count: 26
PSN: DarkKainDrg
#2betterboulderPosted 7/8/2011 10:52:59 AM
I haven't played the first but Human Revolution just looks plain awesome. It's a certain buy for me. GOTY? Probably not, but it does look like nominee material.
---
"Have confidence in the God that has confidence in you." PSN: PositiveCalvin
http://randomexplosion.blogspot.com/
#3IminyourclosetPosted 7/8/2011 10:54:04 AM
Best game of the year for me. Skyrim comes second.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#4Bane_Of_DespairPosted 7/8/2011 10:57:32 AM
Just got the first two off Steam during their sale.....haven't played them yet but gonna play them in anticipation for Human Revolution. That game looks awesome =D
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
#5You_Need_A_LifePosted 7/8/2011 10:58:45 AM
I'm buying Human Revolution day one SOLELY because of how incredible the first one was. Now I don't honestly believe that HR will be anywhere near as good, but if it's even half as good, or evebn 1/4 as good, it'll still be amazing. And it looks pretty decent so far, so win-win.
#6TheDarknessIIPosted 7/8/2011 11:02:16 AM
Iminyourcloset posted...

How soon we all forget the tragedy that is Bethesda's QA department...
#7chicknstu222Posted 7/8/2011 11:02:42 AM
I really want to pick up the first game before I get Human Revolution. These games look excellent.
#8CthulhuDagonPosted 7/8/2011 11:08:14 AM
^Just take note that the second one, Invisible War, is considered very bad in comparison to the first.

My opinion is that DX: HR is GOTY. Not that I think it'll receive it as that "honor" will go to MW3 or BF3 or Uncharted 3 or something more mega mainstream.

I'm a fan of cyberpunk (William Gibson) and the original DX, and I'm very happy with Eidos Montreal, very happy. It's the closest to DX1 that's possible, IMO.

Not everyone will like DX:HR of course, but fans of the original most likely will.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#9Dark_SpiretPosted 7/8/2011 11:10:19 AM
DX is my favorite game of all time and Invisible war is my most disappointing game of all time. After the second game i had no real expectations for the series or HR. However after everything thats been put out there from the videos to the leak build i have been sold on it. A few nitpicks aside it feels like a real sequel to one of the best games of all time. Its currently one of my most anticipated games this year way over stuff like Uncharted 3 or Skyrim.
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics - Infamous - Uncharted 3 Beta
#10kill_distroyPosted 7/8/2011 11:29:17 AM
TheDarknessII posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...

How soon we all forget the tragedy that is Bethesda's QA department...

what tragedy
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8