This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This board's opinion on Deus Ex?

#21captpluto99Posted 7/8/2011 4:45:30 PM
Definitely looks like my kind of game. I'm kind of bugged about the switching between first and third person. I wish they'd just stick to one (preferably third person).
#22lightbringer768Posted 7/8/2011 5:56:00 PM
I will wait for the reviews, not really feeling it at the moment. Played the first game on the ps2 and liked it, played the second one on the xbox and it was meh, so I don't know yet.
---
psn id: darkfalls2110
#23Big_Boss222Posted 7/8/2011 6:12:17 PM

I will wait for the reviews, not really feeling it at the moment. Played the first game on the ps2 and liked it, played the second one on the xbox and it was meh, so I don't know yet.

Well the people who played the leaked preview build have very high hopes after playing it. They claim it could be GOTY material, and that leak was glitchy and all sort of stuff. They loved it and apparently the game is going to be long to. The build was about 1/3 of the full game was clocked in at about 9 or ten hours.
---
PSN ID: Boke18
#24KodegaPosted 7/8/2011 6:13:11 PM
Vapemore420 posted...
I'm not very familiar with the Deus Ex series, but this game looks exactly like Metal Gear Solid. Sneaking around guards, peaking around corners, climbing through vents, the radar looks the same, shooting mechanics and his moves are similar, hiding bodies, he even has the same suit with camo capabilities. It's pretty much a carbon copy of MGS, unless Deus Ex did these things first.

Deus Ex isn't necessarily a stealth game. The original one gave you a lot of freedom in that respect. To spec out as a ninja, go in do you're mission and get out without ever being seen was possible. Or you could be like me and dump all your points into gun play and slaughter everything. I could snipe heads with my pistol and the floors ran red with the blood of my enemies.

When I tried that tactic in MGS4 Snake wee'd in his pants and cried like a little baby. (well, not really but his psyche took a huge hit and he had a spaz fit.)
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#25lightbringer768Posted 7/8/2011 6:42:55 PM
big boss222 posted...
Well the people who played the leaked preview build have very high hopes after playing it. They claim it could be GOTY material, and that leak was glitchy and all sort of stuff. They loved it and apparently the game is going to be long to. The build was about 1/3 of the full game was clocked in at about 9 or ten hours.

Cool, I did not know their was a leak thanks for the info. Well knowing me I'll prob buy it anyway. I wonder if they will put out a demo so you can try the game out before you buy?
---
psn id: darkfalls2110
#26flintzPosted 7/8/2011 9:00:53 PM
gonna get this on PC, as i loved playing the first one on it.

Im very skeptical this will be as good as the original, too much flash, cutscenes and focus on story may not live up to the awesome gameplay deus ex is known for.
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#27midgarPosted 7/8/2011 9:06:08 PM
Getting it on PS3 because my PC probably can't run it. Looks awesome.
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#28VanderZooPosted 7/8/2011 9:18:46 PM
Vapemore420 posted...
I'm not very familiar with the Deus Ex series, but this game looks exactly like Metal Gear Solid. Sneaking around guards, peaking around corners, climbing through vents, the radar looks the same, shooting mechanics and his moves are similar, hiding bodies, he even has the same suit with camo capabilities. It's pretty much a carbon copy of MGS, unless Deus Ex did these things first. And I have a problem with these yellow highlighted doors and ladders, I really hope you can turn that off. Do they think gamers are so stupid that they can't figure out that they can climb a ladder?

I'm not saying this game looks bad, but if you put Snake in it, they could sell it as MGS5 and nobody would no the difference. I might pick this up because I was disappointed with MGS4. There wasn't nearly enough gameplay, and there were way too many pointless cutscenes that dragged on forever.

The first is like a mix between MGS and Perfect Dark.
---
"And now we have a dog. And Alistair is still the stupidest member of the party" - Morrigan
#29Zin_LGPosted 7/8/2011 10:20:06 PM
I'm completely sold on Human Revolution, in fact, its the only game i'm buying brand new on day one. Multiple paths, multiple ways to complete objectives, and so on. August 23rd can't get here fast enough.
---
Backlog progress: PS3-19/23, 360 - 4/10, PSP- 14/48, PC ??/??
Recent completes - L.A. Noire, Assassin's Creed 2, NIER, Dante's Inferno, Enslaved, Darksiders