This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Ninja Gaiden Sigma (1) still worth it?

#11cloud0123Posted 7/9/2011 12:36:25 AM
No I heard NG2 for ps3 was worse. I almost bought it until I realized they changed blood among other things :(
#12Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 7/9/2011 12:40:45 AM
I just got it even though I always talk trash based on the demo. It's so bad. It feels like an old PS2 game. I would maybe try the 3rd or 2nd one but don't bother
#13Misono66Posted 7/9/2011 1:34:33 AM
gotta agree with above poster ninja gaiden ps3 just feels old, and the difficulty is cheap cheap cheap!!!
nowhere near as enjoyable as Bayonetta was, and yes ive beaten infinite climax difficulty so dont say i suck.
Bayonetta is balanced, ninja gaiden is not!!!
---
currently playing : Tales of graces F, dissidia 12,
currently waiting for hyperdimension MkII, Tales of Xillia, xenoblade chronicles, Deus Ex Human Revolution
#14ICO_KIDPosted 7/9/2011 2:19:41 AM
Vicsthebest posted...
how come ninja gaiden black on xbox (1) is better?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma has an overall lower difficulty, no exit to main menu option, longer load times, screen tearing and Rachel’s missions which slow down the pace of the game.
On the up side, Sigma looks incredible and has extra areas not found in the vanilla/ Black versions.

I have beaten them all 100% numerous times and NG Black is the best experience of the three versions.
Sigma is still awesome though and a game every PS3 owner should own.
---
WARNING!, WARNING!, ENEMY APPROACHES.
http://backloggery.com/icokid
#15nonexistingheroPosted 7/9/2011 2:39:32 AM
2002120141 posted...
Wasn't the only major diff from the core of NInja Gaiden 2 and Sigma 2 the blood?

Uh, no. The biggest difference in Sigma 2 is the amount of enemies you get... there's much less and they do more damage in the Sigma 2 version. As a result, the game became much easier on all difficulties. The only reason why Master Ninja is so hard in the Sigma 2 version is because of the 1-hit-kill throws (which isn't proportional with the rest of the damage you get on Master Ninja).

husky74 posted...
Vicsthebest posted...
how come ninja gaiden black on xbox (1) is better?

What makes it better than NGS? I thought they were exactly the same, but NGS had higher resolution and textures than NGB?

Serious question by the way, not trying to flame you. :)

They're not exactly the same. The Black version controls a bit better, has the loading times divided better (they sometimes pop-up in the middle of battle in the Sigma version), is slightly harder (for example, on Master Ninja in Black the Berserker enemies guard break you with every single attack, but not in the Sigma version) and has more adventure elements. Oh, and it doesn't suffer from horrible Rachel chapters.

Jahkeemyork posted...
Everything in Sigma 2 was way better then in Ninja Gaiden 2, the only real issue was the blood which was apparently done to fix frame-rate issues

False. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is pretty much a completely different game. Hell, the most epic parts of NG2 were completely unepic'd (staircase battle before fighting Elizébet, and chapter 11 (14 in the PS3 version)). The core combat is completely different and much less hectic. The new characters do not play nearly as well as Ryu and have to rely on cheap tricks instead (like Rachel's invincible continuous dodge and machine gunning). The online mode lags the majority of the time and the AI is simply incompetent. This makes some missions impossible to beat for a lot of players that are skillfull enough.

Oh, and the mist instead of blood for the framerate is BS. They tested it on the PS3 and 360 version quite some time ago. The PS3 version with around 10 ninja enemies on the screen, runs even slightly worse than the 360 version with around 10 ninja on the screen. The only thing they did to get the framerate up in the PS3 version was remove the amount of enemies you usually face in combat.

There's a crapload of other things as well, like the Test of Valor missing in the Sigma 2 version. Sigma 2 may have some more content, but they changed the core gameplay completely and took away all that made NG2 fun. It's also a very unpolished package (which is pretty common for the new Team Ninja, sadly).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#16nonexistingheroPosted 7/9/2011 2:42:25 AM
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
I just got it even though I always talk trash based on the demo. It's so bad. It feels like an old PS2 game. I would maybe try the 3rd or 2nd one but don't bother

That's pretty ignorant, because Ninja Gaiden was leagues ahead of other action games when it came out and the gameplay still holds up well today.

Misono66 posted...
gotta agree with above poster ninja gaiden ps3 just feels old, and the difficulty is cheap cheap cheap!!!
nowhere near as enjoyable as Bayonetta was, and yes ive beaten infinite climax difficulty so dont say i suck.
Bayonetta is balanced, ninja gaiden is not!!!

You suck. NG1 isn't cheap at all (aside from 1-2 missions in the mission mode).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#17superbuu3Posted 7/9/2011 4:50:41 AM
I'm glad there's no fanboys in this topic, who think co-op and extra characters are a bad thing. Especially the ones who think any other person in the series should be anywhere near the level of ryu hyabusa. I mean its not like he's the protoganist of the series and clearly the strongest in it to.

Seriously though the biggest gripe with NGS 2 is removal of the trials. I don't see any point to that. NG2 had frame rate issues, and weaker enemies, I also thought it felt cheaper with more offscreen attacks then NGS2. Also don't be mislead there is blood in NGS2, and you can decapitate enemies and stuff, there's just more blood splatters. Think of it like NG2 has MK2 level blood and NGS2 has MK3 level blood. The other difference is you see the limbs everywhere on the ground in NG2, they disintegrate in NGS2 after you remove them from a body. The graphics are way cleaner, shinier (maybe considered a bad thing i liked it) and frame rate smoother

NGS1 is the best version of ninja gaiden. Rachel is a decent addition but shes not ryu hyabusa. As far as screen tearing i'm guessing its that guys tv didn't tear for me.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Currently playing themed mafia. Discuss anything (members have greater access and no ads).
#18nurnbergPosted 7/9/2011 7:11:27 AM
Yes it's worth it for easy and normal difficulties. Anything over that is insane and only for hardcore gamers.
#19blackwaltz3Posted 7/9/2011 8:39:39 AM
I just started replaying it, still feels great
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds, XBL: gregnied
#20captpluto99Posted 7/9/2011 8:55:01 AM
It's much better than Ninja Gaiden II.