This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else not like using a headset?

#21archizzyPosted 7/8/2011 7:48:47 PM
antoinejones posted...
archizzy posted...
and the one game I have put more time into than WKC playing with my friend is Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds. Been playing for over 3 years, and it uses keyboard chat. Very handy.

well golf isnt exactly fast paced so i could see keybaord chat in that...but trying to type on a keyboard while im being shot at? ummm no

lol, no I wouldn't either, or in WKC. I just meant it was handy for me since I hate headsets and yes in golf, we take turns talking while the other person is hitting. It is very leisurely. I just meant handy for me.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#22SightoPosted 7/8/2011 7:52:38 PM
antoinejones posted...
yeah because having to go out to the xmb everytime you wanna type is definitely NOT an inconvienence at all -_-

Less than you'd think actually. Use it all the time in group Tekken matches.
---
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
#23Jiek_FafnPosted 7/8/2011 7:52:38 PM
Generally people just whine or trash talk on them. It's kind of rare for me to play with people that I don't want to mute. The only exception is my league in dcuo. The majority of people in pick up grps on there annoy the hell out of me with their mics.
---
PSN: Jiek
#24THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 7/8/2011 7:53:51 PM
To be honest I wished more people on the PS3 used their mics. But it's a double edged sword to me.

On one hand you could find some cool people to game with who have a sense of humor. Who you want to game with daily.

On the other hand you'll find angry douches who hate the world and sound like a dying howler monkey. Takes games FAR too seriously and will cause me to cuss. Don't get me started on the lame music listeners who got their trash song on mega blast all game!!!
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#25antoinejonesPosted 7/8/2011 7:57:06 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
To be honest I wished more people on the PS3 used their mics. But it's a double edged sword to me.

On one hand you could find some cool people to game with who have a sense of humor. Who you want to game with daily.

On the other hand you'll find angry douches who hate the world and sound like a dying howler monkey. Takes games FAR too seriously and will cause me to cuss. Don't get me started on the lame music listeners who got their trash song on mega blast all game!!!

This.

Im never gonna run into the ppl described as number 1... if idont use a mic or mute everyone using a mic because Im afraid of/dont wanna run into the kinda ppl described in number 2
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#26THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 7/8/2011 8:07:02 PM
antoinejones posted...
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...

This.

Im never gonna run into the ppl described as number 1... if idont use a mic or mute everyone using a mic because Im afraid of/dont wanna run into the kinda ppl described in number 2

The only thing I've seen that helps this problem out a bit is what the 360 does with party chat. But you STILL gotta get out there in the wild to find "normal" people.

Party chat would make chatting with mics on the PS3 much more comfortable.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#27antoinejonesPosted 7/8/2011 8:10:00 PM
not if everyone in the party is playing something different then its nothing more than a phone conversation
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#28lightbringer768Posted 7/9/2011 7:57:28 AM
I don't own a headset either, I don't have any close friends so I don't have a reason to use one. Refuse to talk to people online that I do not know. It's bad enough that I have to respond to their messages about crap that's not even related to the game that I am playing at that moment.
---
psn id: darkfalls2110
#29360dodgePosted 7/9/2011 8:25:06 AM
90% of the time I mute voice chat. I don't want to talk to these people and I don't want to hear them. either.
I hate trying to play a game and hearing 1 guy going on and on to himself over a staticy mic, or those people who play awful rap or something constantly.
#30razorracerPosted 7/9/2011 9:33:59 AM
Co-op with dependable partner(s), I don't mind.

Deathmatch with obnoxious players, thank goodness for the mute and volume functions.
---
Neapolitan Ice Cream, official flavor of the indecisive.