This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSN Pass = RIP Gamefly?

#1dark_thry2Posted 7/8/2011 11:20:13 PM
As a service that advertises itself on providing a premium service of video current, easy, and efficient video game rentals; this PSN pass initiative seems like it could almost burry this company. If all games with online capabilities end up requiring these passes in order to play online, then Gamefly will surely see a dramatic decline in sales. Thoughts?
---
"And thus is where the trolls come from, told as an epic saga of defication"- DEllrizla
"No you"-its my own new trend!! ( Psn:dark_piece9)
#2DragonXgbftPosted 7/8/2011 11:22:04 PM
Only PS3 exclusives have the PS Pass.

Since Gamefly offers games for all 3 consoles, they won't lose much money.
---
PSN:RYNOCIRATOR
#3Fissure_XPosted 7/8/2011 11:22:16 PM
I assume a lot of them are like smackdown vs. raw 2011, where you get a week online trial of the online version of the game
#4jubjub360Posted 7/8/2011 11:22:32 PM
Yeah but right now the only groups doing it are: EA, Netherealms (Not sure if WB is doing it themselves) and now Sony first party products. That's still a small amount of people doing it.

And no I deny your topic title because of my above reason.
#5dark_thry2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 11:23:43 PM
DragonXgbft
Posted 7/9/2011 2:22:04 AM
message detail
Only PS3 exclusives have the PS Pass.

Since Gamefly offers games for all 3 consoles, they won't lose much money.
---
PSN:RYNOCIRATOR

True, but how long do you really think it will be until Microsoft follows suit and makes their own online passes??
---
"And thus is where the trolls come from, told as an epic saga of defication"- DEllrizla
#6Worker_8_Posted 7/8/2011 11:26:26 PM
Not really, I don't go online with games I rent, so it's really a non-issue. It's a dick move on Sony's part, but it won't really affect me.
#7dark_thry2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 11:26:48 PM
The way I see it, once devs notice more and more how the implementation of an online pass system boosts game sales/revenue, more devs will decide to adopt the practice. I predict activation games to have a similar system in the future, as well as Epic games, ubisoft games, etc.
---
#8Rarehunter_idolPosted 7/8/2011 11:42:45 PM
dark_thry2 posted...
True, but how long do you really think it will be until Microsoft follows suit and makes their own online passes??

Honestly, i don't think Microsoft would care due to Live being a paid service.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#9SODISPosted 7/8/2011 11:44:43 PM
I think Microsoft would be smart not to do this, therefore making them seem more appealing than Sony. Not implying that Microsoft is a saint, but right now this PSN-pass can be spun in Microsoft's favor.
---
NIER
#10doraemonllh1989Posted 7/8/2011 11:49:16 PM
nah microsoft wont do this lol,it would kill them
---
AMD phenomx4 9650| 9800gt 1 gig ddr3 | Corsair TwinX 2 gig ram ddr2 800mhz | ASUS M2N-E